1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

A few suggestions from an average gamer...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott Bateman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Scott Bateman

Scott Bateman New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server1
    IGN:
    BigDaddyB
    I am not usually one to openly complain about games and how they are designed. I have decided I will on this one. This game has a lot of potential but so far seems too difficult for the average player. I am having a hard time understanding why the developers have decided to make mid-level components so hard to get. When you get down to it, oak and aluminum are mid-level components in the grand scheme of all the items a player can assemble. I actually spent the money to build my base up to level 3, if I hadn't I would have quit this game as virtually impossible. I am not sure if it is just my EXTREME bad luck or if the few that have passed into other map areas have found some way to tweak the extremely small chances of getting the needed materials. Let me show you why:

To build a level 3 wall takes 10 oak plank. To get that oak plank would take 30 oak logs. To get the 30 oak logs would take 5 trips into the red forest area at an absolute MINIMUM. I have been able to survive trips into the red forest a grand total of 6 times in a week. I went there on average of 3 time a day in an attempt to build up needed materials. I even had The Big One show up six times in a row and all you can do with him is die or run out of the area. I would go in, take a couple whacks at a tree or iron ore and here he would come so no materials for me this trip. Then there is the diseased wolf. 2, maybe 3 hits from him and you are dead. I think I have been able to kill one diseased wolf and survive. Anyway, having been able to build up 36 oak logs took an entire week so that I could make one wall section level 3. And that is just one wall section. Lets not forget that the floor has to be the same level and any decent base to hold all the chests needed to hold all those materials needs to be fair sized. At that rate you are looking at, for an 8X8 base, roughly 32 weeks. And thats just for the walls. Lets not forget that for the recycling table you need 3 oak plank, for the higher level furnace you need 20 oak plank.

Next complaint would be aluminum. Once again, found in the RED limestone area I have amassed a grand total of 4 bauxite. Roughly the same issues arise as in the red forest. I have yet to find any aluminum in Alpha base which is another issue altogether. The fact that finding bauxite is only a slight chance could set it up that a person could play this game for months and still not obtain enough aluminum to go beyond the 5 aluminum bars needed for the recycling table, let alone any of the other many items that require aluminum.

You know I could go on and on. Weapon decay rates, components find to components requirement ratios...

Here are my suggestions:

1. Put 2-3 oak trees in the orange forest and 7-10 in the red.
    2. Put a slightly higher chance of finding bauxite in the orange limestone area but slightly reduce the number of iron ore piles.
    3. The material component requirement on several items is somewhat high, especially given that finding some of those components if not far from impossible.
    4. Decay rates of weapons and armor are high and seem the same for all weapons. The harder a weapon is to obtain the longer I would like to see it last. It would be nice to be able to clear more than one area before the higher end weapons fall apart.
    5. Equalize the area difficulties. It seems to go from simple(green areas), to just slightly above easy(orange), to EXTREMELY difficult(red). No middle ground.

I enjoy a game that is challenging and understand a need to create a gameplay where people will be willing to spend a little money. I really like this game and will continue to spend money provided I dont give up, chalk it up to virtually impossible to get past a certain point, and UNINSTALL. Remember, this is just complaints and suggestions from an average player.

2. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I couldn’t disagree more. I’m an average player and this is one of the few games I’ve played where you can play and NOT have to spend money. I have spent a little cash, not a lot , but I didn’t have to I just got impatient and wanted to upgrade my base faster so I bought 2 stone wall packs. I could point out all of the things that I disagree with but I’m sure others will do that.

3. SWR151

SWR151 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    SWR151
    Oak = chopper.

Aluminum = bunker

Scarecrow, JankyLot and OR-4 like this.
  4. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    You think this game is hard? Try grim souls, it's a lot harder than LDOE.

OK, first of all you're feeling that way since you don't know how to progress. First on your list is getting a chopper(long term goal), that way you can open the north which has the oak forests. Aluminum can be found on bunker alpha(smelter some wires). Your focus should be resource gathering, base upgrades come after the chopper.

OR-4 likes this.
  5. Jon102

Jon102 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    1 iOS
    IGN:
    Jon
    Dieseaed wolf is pretty easy to kill. Just don’t go to red zone without propped equipment and heals .

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  6. luisoman2000

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    Looks like diseased wolf got changed to alpha wolf. Found 1 munching on an AI, made it easier to kill it.

7. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    Red oak zone has 30 oak, so it gets a bit easier,

I get more aluminum wire out of Alfa than I want,

The game is far from finished and slowing players down so they don’t catch the wizard behind the curtain and milking the impatient for their, um, milk money makes it all go forward

8. Scott Bateman

Scott Bateman New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server1
    IGN:
    BigDaddyB
    I didnt include all the wonderful fun of my Bunker Alpha trips so, to contradict you:
    I have been to Bunker Alpha and made it to level 3 one time. The other maybe 6 times I could only survive to level 2. On any of the trips to Bunker Alpha I have not seen any of the aluminum wires, no rare motorcycle parts and the one time I made it to floor 3 is where I died with all of my coupon things. I died a second time attempting to recover my stuff so bye-bye baby bye-bye, I lost every coupon I had been able to build up from the previous trips that I actually survived into level 2. That was the last time I went to Bunker Alpha. I do not believe I am doing much a whole lot different than anyone else so why I cant seem to survive these areas is a bit of a mystery. As I stated in my original post, I seem to have bad luck when it comes to chance. The less the chance, the worse my luck. How else could you explain The Big One six times in a row within seconds after entering the area. Couldnt even farm anything. Which brings us back to aluminum, if I havent even seen any in Bunker Alpha and I am unable to farm any from the red limestone cliff, how am I ever going to build the generator to get to the other area to the north????? It may happen in time, but, for me, it may take ALOT longer than I am willing to play.

9. Scott Bateman

Scott Bateman New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server1
    IGN:
    BigDaddyB
    Um, no. I was killed by a diseased wolf just yesterday.

10. Jon102

Jon102 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    1 iOS
    IGN:
    Jon
    Just need practice. Alpha is pretty easy after clear it’ 40-50 times. Took about 40 to get enough parts for chopper. Supposedly it’s easier now a days to get chopper parts. I do have a spare gas tank and rest of parts I have gotten numerous times.

We’ve all died and lost stuff it’s part of the game, but it does get easier

11. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    ...and the aluminum and parts come from the coupon crates on floor 1

12. Shadowrunner

Shadowrunner Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Shadowrunner
    Take a look at some guides on YouTube for how to do bunker alpha. It is very easy when you know how, I'm running alpha 2-3 times a week, and killing the blind one each run. Doing rest of the floors on hard mode I don't believe is worth it. All the timed events is easier and safer, they are very predictible and you get a second chance to recover your stuff should you die.

13. luisoman2000

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    1. Git gud. Honestly, you need to improve your sneaking kills, learn the wall trick and know when to run. You are not the only one to find the big one. He actually chased me from a red zone to a yellow zone more than once. As I said, farm for resources, you should be able to do alpha once you can craft pipes. Also, you have to do what you can, if you don't have guns don't go for frenzied giants. Collect as many tickets as you can till the next reset. There's no need to rush, this game is one big grind. If you aren't up to it, I suggest you quit playing now. You have to grind for the chopper, grind for walls, grind for blueprints and parts. And as everybody said, watch a few guides, learn some strategies, you'll eventually get the hang of it.

14. luisoman2000

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    Maybe the alpha wolf is one of the special zombies introduced in the update. I just met "Timmy the bloat" on a yellow zone.

15. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    to actually comment on your points.

Oak is currently an end game item. Yes in the grand scheme of things it will be mid tier, but right now that 'high tier' doesn't exists, thus Oak is your high level item. It has been getting easier and easier to obtain of late. We now have an oak event that you can go get oak from and there is usually about 20 you can get from each farm run. Before this you needed a chopper just to get oak in more than 2-4 per red woods runs.

Bauxite is just plain worthless, Aluminium wire is your better option and look to the Bunker for that.

Bunker...is earned. I fly through it at this point but I've probably done it 100+ times. The first few were a pain, so here's some stuff... the only point of the bunker is the ticket boxes. You just go to farm tickets. if you don't have the guns to kill Frenzied Giants or Turrets don't try to. Take the Tix you got, get the boxes you can and soon it will snowball.

Don't waste guns or machete or better weapons. Only use them for the bunkers.

Diseased Wolf is a pain, you see him and you don't have a stack of healing in your second slot...run.

16. Jarhead

Jarhead Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    @Scott Bateman

I've been playing this game for a year, and haven't spent a dime on it until yesterday.

Buy the new "Survival Guide" item that appears with update 1.9.7. You can earn buttloads of very good items by doing normal tasks. It is a far, far better value than anything else they've ever sold.

I'd go so far as to say if you pass it up, then no more whining because you'll have screwed yourself. It is that good.

Ivo, JankyLot and Xena like this.
  17. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    I completely agree. It's a ridiculously good deal for players at all levels. Beginners will get the gas tank, intermediate players will get lots of weapons and veterans will get a lot of coins.

I was lucky enough for google to offer me a $1 discount so I got the guide for only $4 :D. I'm definitely looking forward to the 400 coins.

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Scarecrow

19. Scott Bateman

Scott Bateman New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server1
    IGN:
    BigDaddyB
    Ok. Thanks for all the advice. I did buy the survival guide thing today. I noticed after I 'whined' that the red Pine Bushes and red Limstone Cliffs seems a bit easier. I will have to try Alpha soon. As I said, I like this game and think it has alot of potential.

Jon102 likes this.
  20. luisoman2000

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    No worries man, sometimes you just have to vent. I spent a lot of time just farming green/yellow before I researched on how to do stuff.