1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Beginner issues, knowledge needed :-)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jim201, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Hi all, beginner but addicted, currently level 44/45 & having a few issues.
    I’ve got my base set up going along ok wood bench,stone bench, a couple of smelters etc. The issue I’m having is I have built the bike & the CB radio in the inventory menu but can’t place either anywhere. I’ve tried upgrading floors & built the garage but the bike won’t place. Same with the CB?

Also unrelated there are never any other bases on my map so there’s no one to raid.

please help, any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    You start with a chopper and CB already in the starter base. You can only have one of either so you’ll not be able to place what you’ve built.
    You will never see another base on your map with the exception of the AI bases you start with until you contact the raiders on the CB and do their tasks. That’s the only way to get a raid.

Monte7108 likes this.
  3. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    And I don’t recommend raiding till your ready. They’ll clean you out if your base isn’t built up.

4. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Ok got it, what is my next move in the game? I seem to have run out of things to do. I’ve been to Alfa but without guns it seems very difficult to proceed past floor 1/2. Or do you just keep visiting forrests & supply drops etc?
    Thank you for replying I appreciate the help guys.

5. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    My personal opinion.
    If you have burglar skill, do motel every time it resets. I just do the car in back and the locked door which always has a grenade.
    Do Alfa, floors 2 and 3, every reset. If you agro a giant just run to the elevator and change floors and it’ll reset so you can go back in peace, the FGs are the only thing that should require guns. Doing that should get you enough green and yellow tickets to open those chests every time and that’ll get you the guns for the FGs. Research the hell outta YouTube, first look up the “wall trick”. It’ll let you do Alfa with 0 guns and it works in other places too.
    Keep farming, it takes a lot resources especially wood. It takes metric tons of charcoal to make everything you’ll need.
    Hit air drops and dealer (if he offers a decent deal).

Monte7108 and Wellpell like this.
  6. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Thank you again for the advice, unfortunately I haven’t squires burglar skill yet :-(. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos (mostly HappyCairek) & have seen the wall trick, I tried it once so far in the bunker unsuccessfully lol. But I will give it another go. The worst part is dying & losing all your items. I have learnt quickly though to not carry around items you can’t afford to lose lol. I’ll keep researching & hopefully make some more progress. Thanks Xena

7. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    For now visit only green zones.

8. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Thanks Monte7108, I’m farming those area hard & also carefully sneaking around some of the riskier areas too just seeing if I can pick off easy zombies to get drop boxes etc. Did that with a supply drop just before was able to get to 2 crates but the third had a toxic spitter & a bloater so decided to play it safe & get out.

Monte7108 likes this.
  9. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    That’s the way. Sneaking skill is your friend. Farming stone and wood just make a spear. Save your better weapons for harder things. At least till you get plenty of everything

10. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Wish I knew back when I started what I know now haha. I’ve wasted so many resources building things I shouldn’t have the 2nd chopper, the 2nd CB etc. I’ve just discovered the police station after fixing the tower. I’ve found the crow bar to be pretty good also.

the thing that baffled me was I had a puppy I picked up, went back to base & built the dog enclosure then it disappeared out of my inventory.
    The journey will continue lol.

11. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    Hey, jim, just so you know, if/when your recycler is complete than make sure you never fully use guns. Always leave them with a tiny bit of durability leeft, so you can level up your recycler skills in firearms.

12. Jim201

Jim201 New Member

Level:
    Thanks for the advice I’ll definitely remember that from now on, I’ve still got to find enough raw materials to smelt aluminium etc yet too. But yeah conservation of inventory is number one now lol.

Arkade likes this.