1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Car engines in resource zones

Discussion in 'Crafting & Items' started by Corax, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Corax

Corax Active Member

Just curious when it the last time then anyone has found a rusty car in a resource zone that actually had an engine under the hood?

My last time goes back several updates ago, I have been looking for almost a week now due to raider task and have found plenty of rusty cars but no engine in them...

2. Corax

Corax Active Member

Finally found 1 in red pine so thankfully they still exist

3. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    The last one I found was my first trip to pine green zone after a month without playing.

4. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I haven’t played for the last several updates but seems that they always used to be pretty rare. If they’re not gonna put the cars back in the gas station then they should drop that task. It’s crazy to expect that you find that many engines without the gas station.

black bedude likes this.
  5. Corax

Corax Active Member

come one xena only took me a full week of looking to find one :D
    still have to find another if i want to go raiding and knowing my luck the raiders will give me this task again back to back...

6. Gonzilla#2005

Gonzilla#2005 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Gonzilla
    Two days ago it exist dude

7. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    This hellish task is the only reason to save coins. I just sadly used ny coins to skip it. That's just to time consuming looking for two. I hate trying to find little bosses in red yellow green zones, let alone finding two engines. Hope kefir do something soon. I hate to save coins just for this

8. Corax

Corax Active Member

Uuumm hate to be the one to point this out to you but this was probably done on purpose, precisely to incite people to spend coins to skip stupid tasks. So don't hold your breath hoping to see them "fixing" it any time soon, as far as Kefir is concerned this ain't broke.

I mean think about it why have raider tasks to begin with? They can easily make C4 be the hard limit on how many raids you can go on. Its already hard enough as it is getting C4, as there is no guaranteed way of getting some, even floppy disk crates don't always have it!

So you better believe that tasks are only there to entice people to spend coins, thats the only function tasks serve.

9. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    A Question:
    Can you play with one account on different devices?

10. Corax

Corax Active Member

sure with google play or game center

11. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    That's such a sneaky bastard move by kefir :(

Maybe we can get 3 lvl4 corgies with lucky trait so we can skip task every 2 weeks or so.
    But the only way to get new corgies is by buying! Gosh...this is such a trap...i like this game tho :(

12. Corax

Corax Active Member

finally found the 2nd engine the whole process took 2 weeks.

My raiding counter is at 0 I feel so ashamed and raiding withdraws symptoms having been hell the last 2 weeks. Feels damn good to be raiding again!!

13. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Yea I’ve had this task three times in a row. I’ve chewed out support repeatedly, “they’ll pass suggestion to developers.”

Like I explained to them it’s cool they think this will be a paywall to get coins out of ya but most people won’t spend coins because after raiding a couple times, they should realize raiding is 99% of the tome complete garbage, and won’t spend coins, they’ll just quit playing.

Besides the current timed event all I have to do is complete mods and raid, I’ve done everything else. Making raiding tasks take two weeks to complete finding these stupid engines, has literally made my game a stand still. Now my game consist of red Forrest area, gas station, red Forrest area, gas station red Forrest area, gas station, big one, gas station, basement gas station.

It’s not fun, it doesnt make me want to play, and it doesn’t make me want to pay money. Of course I know after spending two weeks each time I receive this task to find engines, I have a 99% chance to receive a raid that is complete and utter crap, is very disheartening, not to mention then when you receive the same task again next tome you call raiders.

I suggest everyone raise hell on discord and with support. At MINIMUM the spawn rate should be same as colonel is in red area. The engines aren’t even worth that much at gas station for upgrades.

Make your opinion known on social media, discord, and support, maybe they’ll fix it.

black bedude likes this.
  14. Corax

Corax Active Member

they should just remove the raider tasks all together as I have suggested before the limiting factor of how many raids you can do should be C4. Its already hard enough to get C4 as it is, you have no guaranteed way of obtaining it I have come up dry several times even in floppy crates...

15. Corax

Corax Active Member

@Ryan L I actually did like you asked and submitted a ticket via contact us under the support in game option.

I made an honest attempt to describing the issue why it was bad and gave them suggestions on how to fix it. Wrote 5-6 paragraphs on it.

Their reply was to tell me to equip bloodhound trait dogs and ensuring that the puppies are fed before leaving the base to hunt for car engines. Oh they also suggested praying for the healer's option to include finding vehicle parts twice a day...

They seem to strongly believe these two options will tremendously improve our odds of finding car engines. Just thought I would share the invaluable advice imparted from the Kefir helpdesk.

16. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

Yea they told me the same thing. They also threw in the tip that rarest items are found in red Forrest, improves odds of finding it.

When I told them I have 11% bloodhound and have used healer for vehicle parts several times, and that I’d gone to red Forrest back to gas station and back to red Forrest, around 20 times a day, they closed my chat with message it will be sent to developer for review.

So I open a new one each time. I also inform them the car engines don’t spawn if there is a basement in area which further decreases the odds.

The task would be fine if the drop rate was realistic, that’s the problem. I finally finished my third car engine task in a row last night and received different tasks. One of which was Kowalski and of course I had to do some looking but after 5-6 trips to find him, he appeared.

I think car engines should be a similar drop rate as resource bosses and doesn’t seem like much to ask for. (Especially considering my raid for completing had one box!)

I’ll keep harassing them about it. Maybe they’ll hear us

17. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    But these are same people that questioned me on why I was upset last time my raid timer disappeared “because revenge raids are bad”

I really think they’re an outside agancey hired for customer complaints, and don’t have a clue

18. Corax

Corax Active Member

I think the RNG of a car spawning with an engine in it is ok perhaps, it could be a tad more generous.

However the real problem stems from mainly 2 factors:

1. TBO spawn rate is insanely high in red zones. Honestly I get him 50% of the time and thats not an estimate I actually have been counting the appearances over the last 2 weeks. Either make him spawn less like in yellow, make him killable without requiring 20 weapons and 2 sets of armour, or make him run away with a torch like in grim soul survival

2. Basements either need to be fixed to allow for car engines to spawn or better yet altogether removed as they add no value. They are a waste of time, armour and weapons for little, strike that, NO reward.

These two factors make it hell to find engines in red zones. Next time you complain ask them to share the raw numbers as I am not convinced bloodhound trait or healer find vehicles parts actually does anything for car engines RNG spawn rate.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 12:24 PM
  19. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    All these are acceptable only if we get decent raids a LOT more often

Corax likes this.
  20. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

Agreed!

Personally I think, as I can’t prove it but I think raids are in cycles. Seems I’ll go a couple weeks with just killer raids of guns and copper creating recyclables then I’ll go a couple weeks with just complete crap raids with only resources like leather. Also to further my suspicions it seems there are cycles of stone/metal bases and cycles of wood bases.

I really think there’s an A or B set of raids. Of course the wonderful 2 chest raids are abundant but I truly think the “good” raids cycle back and forth under the guise of rng.

Kinda like puppies. Seems I could go weeks on end and every level 2 dog is a male and the a couple weeks later I can only get level 2 females.

But yea raiding could be improved ALOT......but then why would we buy stuff? Kefir logic