1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Copper, raiding and whatever we want to talk about

Discussion in 'General' started by Monte7108, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    So I am recycling like crazy. I’ve also been trying to farm copper because the recycling seems nerfed. Also I don’t seem to be finding batteries and what not as much lately. I am waiting for Alfa to reset so I can go there looking for some more. Anyone else having problems?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Scarecrow
    not me, I just got 4 batteries from floor lvl 3 alone, you should probably do crooked creek farm, you pretty much always get 3 copper bars every run.

Arkade likes this.
  3. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Yea.... the farm. For some reason I hate the farm lol.

Arkade likes this.
  4. Cannes76

Cannes76 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cannes77 97
    No trouble here. Last stack of batteries gave 7 copper bars.

5. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    Personally I don't find recycling to keep up with my steel needs, yes I recycle as much as you guys but I keep my steel in process constantly. So I run up to siberia and farm up the copper, usually once a week or so. I just pulled 50 copper back from my run, I got stinky. That will make about 10 more copper to add in with the recycler copper.

Yes batteries were nerfed from what they used to drop but you can still find them. I just got 5 from a stack of watches...

Keep looking for stuff it all comes sooner or later.

6. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Very true. I tend to bring back everything. I was just trying to figure out how wire doesn’t give copper. Is electric wire in Russia made from steel? I just did a stack of batteries and only got three copper. I was disappointed. But then I did 7 cameras and also got three. Don’t know. I’m just getting frustrated I guess trying to get steel. I want to build some walls prior to raiding. Raiding wasn’t important to me a couple weeks ago. Now I wanna get serious

7. Scarecrow

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Scarecrow
    Mate, what about us guys who haven’t even got any steel walls...

Monte7108 likes this.
  8. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Agreed pal. I don’t have any either. I’m just curious how people are getting that kinda steel. I’m trying to build up the ole homestead

9. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I agree with you guys about the wire not giving copper it is BS. But for how you get that much steel, I’ll tell you the secret, GRIND YOUR ASS OFF! When I started I played several hours a day every day and it took me probably 6 to 8 months to build my 3x3.

Rondel and Arkade like this.
  10. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Oh I’m grinding. In a way fort moss helped. I had no desire to raid before that. I was building up stockpiles of everything. I never had much steel but I have a bit. Nowhere enough for full out wall building yet. As I’m also trying to build racks to put as much stuff inside a steel room as possible

thanks Xena. I’m glad you’re back

11. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Yeah the racks make it harder than it used to be, way back when all I had to do was put 5 steel into trunks. That’s probably what bothered me the most when I thought I might have to restart, almost all my racks where given to me when they did the chest redo. The thought of 20 for each rack was too much to wrap my head around.

12. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Sometimes you get good raid with batteries or heat sensors. I was low on batteries until I had a great raid last week, 30 stacks of batteries. Few and far in between for raids but once in a while they give you a good one for recycling.

Cannes76 and Monte7108 like this.
  13. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    What all do you guys protect behind steel walls? I’m figuring weapons food hard to find things. Steel etc. but I have like a chest of rope another of wire and etc. I can’t protect everything but I’m honestly not willing to risk much. It takes work collecting this stuff. Lol

Arkade likes this.
  14. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I have two 3x3, in one all my guns plus a rack of melee (mainly katana), in the other armor, gas, c4, aluminum, steel, oak.....basically everything else I don’t want to lose.

Monte7108 likes this.
  15. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    I have all my chests with anything I use surrounded by a steel wall and 3 stone walls. I mean everything from my log storage to guns, anything of value to me is inside my steel nucleus surrounded by stone. If I could upload photos here I would but it always says photos too large. I’d guess my steel room is 10x10 or so. I didn’t buy it, copper/steel from recycling and raiding, and of course a lot of time.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Arkade likes this.
  16. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    I’m with you Ryan. I like that idea of walls if I can ever get there. Lol. Good work

17. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    @Ryan L email the screenshot picture to yourself. When you get ready to send click cc and it’ll let you lower the size then you can post. At least that’s how it works for my iPad.

Arkade likes this.
  18. Scarecrow

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Scarecrow
    Food won’t be that much needed, just one chest, you will eventually find that after a lot of grinding your gonna have a frick ton of food, I used to cook my carrots to make it into carrot stew so It gives me more health but now I’m only using my campfire to produce charcoal constantly, gotta smelt iron ore, aluminium, steel etc. So I just have chests full of food and I’m running outta space.

Monte7108 likes this.
  19. Scarecrow

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Scarecrow
    Anyone know if having 5 by 6 (30 chests) and having them surrounded by steel walls is that going to be enough storage to last me??? Or do I need to make it bigger...

20. Monte7108

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    I don’t think you’ll ever have enough space. I agree with food. I always grow carrots just too easy. Meat always goes to dogs for most part. Beans I’ll eat sometimes just to recycle cans. I’m running wood like crazy for charcoal for furnaces. Recycling for copper and mining it as we speak