1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Dev Blog 04/26: Update 1.8.2

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Rowdy1418, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Rowdy1418

Rowdy1418 Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rowdy
    2018-04-26 09.06.41.png
    What’s better than the day of an update? Only the day of a nice and massive update. And the good news for those who like to break things down, craft, build, upgrade characters, search, loot and simply run around the locations - is that this update is for you.

Let’s start with the house. We’ve added a recycler that processes accumulated waste on your bases. We understand the temptation to loot everything that caught the eyes of experienced survivors and how hard it is not to turn your base into a dump. The very thought of throwing even completely worthless stuff, obtained in battles with zombies makes the heart ache. The recycler will prevent you from making terrible sacrifices and allow you to take unnecessary things apart to get useful resources and even rare items. The function of stripping weapons for parts is now also transferred to the recycler, since the Gunsmith workbench is temporarily unavailable due to changing its functions.

2018-04-26 09.04.32.png

Another important change is that we have updated a part of recipes, so crafting of some items now requires unique parts, which can be obtained only with the use of the recycler. What great motivation to clean up the house, sort out your junk and get valuable resources, isn’t it?

2018-04-26 09.07.47.png

At some locations you could have noticed rusty vehicles. Pay attention, for now you can loot some of them and find an engine inside. You may be wondering what value it holds. Having disassembled it with the recycler, you can get unique resources. The important thing is that dragging an engine away without a Chopper is impossible. Another, even more important thing is that there are two types of engines containing different kinds of resources.

2018-04-26 09.03.42.png

And now the most interesting part - the mechanics of exploring locations has been changed completely. You’ve told us a great many times how tired you are of clearing locations and that the whole process has become a routine. Right, we do read your feedback a lot and often, while having breakfast, dinner, before going to sleep, and community managers are doing it non-stop. Brave adventurers trying to loot everything they can and explore every corner of the post-apocalyptic world - your efforts will be rewarded! Now you don’t just hunt for loot and fight, but also earn points for exploring the area. These points are required to upgrade your character’s skills. With every new level reached, you will be awarded with points to spend on upgrading of active and passive skills, and in the future - on new recipes and blueprints.

2018-04-26 09.02.53.png

By the way, we have completely redesigned the buff section. In the inventory you can find the list of all abilities, both active and passive. For example, this is what the active skills tab looks like:

2018-04-26 09.01.48.png

You can set the necessary skill from the left column by clicking the left button or the right one if you choose a skill from the right column. Don’t forget that some active skills have cooldown.

In view of the new mechanics the location entrance window has also changed - now it shows progress of a research and skills you can gain. Skills differ depending on the type of location: in raid locations you can learn to reduce the noise level, in forest - and stone ones there is a possibility for your character to get an extra quick access slot and increased growth of resources, or to learn how to roll, automatically heal themselves and even zoom out the map to look around. And this is hardly a complete list. The most attentive players will be able to find journals of survivors that are rarely found in locations, but they give more exploration experience for every territory.

2018-04-26 09.01.01.png

We would also like to draw your attention to two new skills - Motorcycle driver and Cold survival. Those, who have already assembled the Chopper, have the skill learned, while for the rest, who want to ride a bike and walk around the winter location, it will take some work close to recruit training. It’s not nearly as hard as getting a gas tank though, so don’t panic ahead of time.

And this brings us back to the subject of your feedback. Since the Chopper was added, the chance of the gas tank drop was increased three times. However many of survivors still haven’t managed to get that valuable item yet. For this reason we are going to increase the chance of drop. Double it. For red coupons. Good luck, fellows.

It’s all for today! We wish you to upgrade characters asap, when we meanwhile continue working on the next update. Dear iOS users, the update will be available in the App Store in 2-3 days. Thank you for attention!

DVLHRN, WACO2 and DeVastator like this.
  2. RedOne

RedOne Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Red
    Sounds like an awesome update!

WACO2 likes this.
  3. LOKI

LOKI New Member

Level:
    Server:
    not sure
    IGN:
    loki316
    All the new things sound wonderful, like a real survival game! now if i could stay in the game more than 3 seconds before my screen goes white i would love to check out the new add on btw can your puppies starve to death? I left them with 3 days food 5days ago when i played almost 15 minutes before the game kicked me and just kept freezing on the first load screen

regards,
    LOKI

4. Jarhead

Jarhead Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    Uh, wow. This looks to be the best update yet. The recycler, and ability to get rid of accumulated stuff is...awesome.

WACO2 likes this.
  5. Cheremoya

Cheremoya New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cheremoya
  6. RedOne

RedOne Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Red
    I'm recycling my fourth item right now, so far I've only gotten some scrapmetal.
    As for the skills.. Really liking this allthough you should be really patient. It will take a lot of grinding to get all those skills.
    But hey, at least it's giving you something worthwile when grinding.

7. DVLHRN

DVLHRN Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DVLHRN
    Nice update! the game just keeps getting better and better... except for the slight lagging of the game... the game was smooth in my device (vivo) before 1.8.2, its not really a major problem. just hoping for a follow up optimization update ( if its a thing... haha) .. anybody experiencing the same(the slight lag)?... or just me?

8. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    Agreed.....good update. Adds an extra element to grinding that makes it all much more interesting.
    Already got a couple of skillpoints. One in neat freak, the other in iron miner. It's gonna be great collecting and building up all the various skills.

9. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    I've got 2 skills in lock picking. Not sure how to use it.

10. Cheremoya

Cheremoya New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cheremoya
    When it is possible to get titan?

11. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    Wishing now we could que items up for recycling instead of having to feed them in one at a time.

12. Survivor X

Survivor X New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Player 7443
    I’m excited about the extra pocket BUT
    You can only use it when exploring the “ mountain region”?
    What mountain region?
    Am I reading this right?

13. nthnlws

nthnlws Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Android Server 1
    IGN:
    Nathan
    You get a chance to get the perk while farming in all three rock zones. The pocket is permanent, and can be used in any zone forever.

WACO2 and Survivor X like this.
  14. Jarhead

Jarhead Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    I think it just means that you open chests faster, which can be an advantage in dangerous zones. It's a passive skill so you don't have to activiate it to use it.

WACO2 likes this.
  15. Eliciam

Eliciam New Member

Level:
    I need more recyclers, one isn’t cutting it. I have max first and second level chests all filled to the max. I will say at least half are filled with items to recycle.

16. Lefteris

Lefteris New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    xD9
    What is going on with motorcycle rider skill? i hd it and now its gone. I spent thousand of hours to get the gas tank and now i am not able to use the bike... Good job nice update...

17. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    Did you complete building your chopper before 1.8.2 update?

18. Lefteris

Lefteris New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    xD9
    no i had not but i was farming bunker for months for gas tank and now i have to farm a lot for the skill. Great!

19. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    Yup, that'll take a lot of grinding.

20. Lefteris

Lefteris New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    xD9
    I am going to quit playing, it is worthless playing this game anymore.