1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Dev Blog 05/25: Update 1.8.5

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Ishtvaan, May 25, 2018.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    33524989_666012807069878_6631213184701169664_o.jpg

DevBlog 05/25: Anniversary update.

Survivors, today is the anniversary of the Last Day on Earth’s launch. And if you thought that we would opt for resting at home to celebrating it with you and releasing a tie-in update, then you were wrong about us! Of course we couldn’t leave you without a surprise and prepared a colorful and funny celebratory update for you! And gifts! Smash enemies with bare hands and achieve various perks!
    [​IMG]
    There is a new moderate location added, where you can find a chest with presents, the content of which remains secret. Just open it and you will see, we don’t want to spoil the surprise!
    [​IMG]
    In the meanwhile a new creature has settled in the woods - a witch that probably has something to do with the horde of zombies. Defeating the nasty lady will temporarily hide your base from the sight of monsters, for, by hearsay it is she who summons the undead and control them. As you might have already guessed, the new enemy is not so easy to fight, and only the most experienced and skilled survivors will manage to beat her down. Equip yourselves with guns, explosives and first-aid kits and go to check if it’s true. Avoid getting too close to spiky plants on your way, they can harm you.
    [​IMG]
    There are also some other things to consider during the battle. Firstly, the witch can summon help from crawlers. Secondly, she can recover her health. Pay attention to the insidious hag - she is much more agile, than the usual enemies and likes to play tricks to protect the horde from survivors.
    After the victory over the witch, zombies will stop attacking for 72 hours, and there will be a timer over the infected forest showing how much time is left before the next boss respawn. However if the crowd of the walking dead are already on their way, they will reach your base as usually. With any luck, you can get a trophy from the witch, which you can place at the home location. As long as the torch is burning, the horde won’t come out of the infected forest, which is why you have to feed the fire with logs, planks and coal just like workbenches to keep it going.
    [​IMG]
    As always, we don’t only introduce the new, but also improve the old. This time we have updated the recipes for the recycler. Now it is possible to disassemble such sundries as bolts, ball bearings, wire and etc. And another pleasant bonus is the reduction of the necessary amount of resources required to feed your canine companions.
    [​IMG]
    Exactly a year ago we uploaded the prototype on Play Market to get feedback from players and learn whether survival genre is relevant for mobile games. We could never really imagine that our project would draw attention of thousands of thousands of players from all over the world, eager to build, loot and smash zombies’ heads off. It was your support that made it possible for us to realize our ideas and focus on the development of our post-apocalyptic universe. A year ago there were only a few subscribers of this page and only one survivor in the game that couldn’t even take a look into the bunker. Whatever we have achieved would not have been possible without you, our most restless, constantly criticizing, but cool and endlessly supportive community. Thank you for everything, survivors! Dear iOS users, the update will be available in the App Store in 1-3 days. Thanks for your support!

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Shonky, Z Killer and WACO2 like this.
  2. John Stout

John Stout New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Bandit John
    Chopper Skill! Big win in my book. Now the game is back to being enjoyable... happy bday LDOE! kefir rules!!! I’m going to spend some money in game to celebrate with you.

DVLHRN and Ishtvaan like this.
  3. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    Love the prezzies but anyone had the same problem as me with military backpack. I've lost 4 spaces

4. nthnlws

nthnlws Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Android Server 1
    IGN:
    Nathan
    What is the problem?

5. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    The military backpack normally provides you with 2 rows of 5 spaces but since the update I have only got one row as in the basic backpack

6. Rock Okajima

Rock Okajima Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rock Okajima
    My MBP is providing 2 extra rows. If your account is bound maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

7. WhiteKite

WhiteKite New Member

Nice presents in the box, but 8 puppies?? I dont know how to feed 3...

Esnips likes this.
  8. Black Fox

Black Fox Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Black_Fox
    Just got on first try...Anyone else get theirs?

Attached Files:

9. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    Sadly, I didn't get it on the first try. Some players are saying that witch's head will disappear after 72H, can you confirm it when she respawns again.

Black Fox likes this.
  10. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    i didn't get my witch head either. maybe it's because i died my first try.

11. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    Or RNG maybe

12. DVLHRN

DVLHRN Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DVLHRN
    how did you get it? I've been holding on to 1 exp point for the chopper skill... does anybody else also got it at 1.8.5? and does it only apply to people who has finalized their chopper?...

13. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    @Henry77940 has got the skill in this update.

DVLHRN likes this.
  14. Henry77940

Henry77940 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Henry77940
    I had the chopper before the update. So I it might apply to people with chopper. Two three in my clan got it too that had the chopper finished. So I'd save your skill points until then.

DVLHRN likes this.
  15. nthnlws

nthnlws Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Android Server 1
    IGN:
    Nathan
    Blowing up the two things with C4 makes it really easy.

16. NickNasty

NickNasty Member

Level:
    Server:
    Us1
    IGN:
    NickNasty
    How to kill the witch??!?!?!

17. Black Fox

Black Fox Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Black_Fox
    Wilco. I'll quote your post again when my respawn comes up.

Iyzo likes this.
  18. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    I used machete to wipe out the zombies first in the location, then blew the nests of crawlers with 2C4s, then used only 1 dual Beretta and TF to kill her.
    You can also use auto-shotgun on her for even faster kill.

DVLHRN likes this.
  19. RedOne

RedOne Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Red
    I got the skill with update 1.8.5 I had a finished chopper before the update but not the skill and now with the anniversary update I just got it.

20. Henry77940

Henry77940 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Henry77940
    Are you able to play more? Some of my clanmates arn't having any problems with lag or crashs.