1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Devblog 03/04: Update 1.11.7

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Ishtvaan, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    53238213_864836690520821_5275940467811287040_o.jpg

Our post-apocalyptic homeland is buzzing with the news about changes in Sector 7. Is it true? You won’t know until you go and see for yourself.
    [​IMG]
    We took a tape measure, a hammer and gave Sector 7 a slight reconstruction. The garage is no longer there, while the Wall is now facing a freshly built camp. The camp is to become a meeting and starting point, from which survivors will be sent to infected zones for cooperative adventures. Local scientists have dug through some old computers and made up a new way of navigation through infected zones – the map will open by interaction with the console located in the camp. Thank the scientists and send them a greeting card, because you won't have to spend precious energy on transferring across those locations!
    IMPORTANT NOTE: decontamination zone can be passed only once. Repeated pass is not required.
    [​IMG]
    And what about the locations themselves? The map of infected zones is becoming wider – there are 4 new locs where you side by side with other survivors can make zombies’ lives miserable. The locations differ by the desirability of loot and difficulty level of kicking zombies’ butts. At one of them be prepared to meet the boss that will destroy you with 100% certainty if you decide to fight him solo.
    Luckily, a new armor pack and a couple of weapons are already there: MP5K rifle for short talks and Steel Spear for close interaction. The novelties can be used only within infected zones.
    [​IMG]
    Searching for exciting tasks and engaging quests? You can get some at the camp, from an unknown warrior, if you ask him kindly. Receive various goods and joys for completing quests. And now, attention: one of those joyful goods may be a Tactical Backpack, which you can use BEYOND infected zones. Interested?
    Sector 7 and infected zones will be growing and developing, now let’s go and see what’s going on out there. Bye!

Wellpell likes this.
  2. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    1. First of all, the lag is terrible. You might stand next to an unopened crate and open it just to find it empty because another invisible player was faster, or you die because the zombies coming after you are actually right behind you instead of just out of range.

2. There are 4 zones.
      - Nr. 1: will consist of ashen zombies and ashen runners (which run faster than you), you gain spears, a few revolvers, medpacks and hazmat suit parts (which actually you don't need to pick up as stockpile Pete at the camp will hand you over a fresh one anytime for free)
      - Nr. 2: as above but also ashen spitters. Here you have a bigger chance to obtain revolvers
      - Nr. 3: have only been there once but there are also ashen bloaters which have a HUGE area of damage (about 3x of a normal bloater); here you might also find a MP5
      - Nr. 4: the boss / devourer is a giant toxic abomination with 2.700 HP, and he killed me instantly with a spitting attack. Can't say how much damage that does as I was already down to about 50%. But there are no crates or other zombies around, so you can concentrate fully on that dude.

3. If you enter the zone, there will be at least 5-10 other players. Don't waste your time fighting the zombies unless you have a task open (seems that it takes about 20 hours until the next tasks are unlocked). Steel spears do 12 damage, old revolvers only 10, and the simplest Ashen zombie has 40 HP. Save your weapons for more difficult zones

4. No sneaking, so no sneak attacks. Same for skills, you can't use them there.

5. There is no cooperation. Simply as that. If you find yourself fighting two zombies because they were too close to a crate, you always have somebody walk past the fighting and loot it before you. I have also seen people luring toxic spitters to players who were opening a crate, just to interrupt the process and loot the crates themselves. So, sadly, the only way to loot the crates is either to quickly run to an unguarded crate, wait until somebody else attacks the zombies which might be too close to one and run past the fighting to loot, or leave the zone, go back there and repeat as above. I remember the anomalies in sector 7 kept respawning (with other players scrambling to get them for themselves), but I don't know for the crates. It is easier to leave and enter the zone again to get fresh crates instead of having 5 players waiting on top of the crates.

6. If you have gathered some medpacks and weapons, always leave the zone and place some of them in your personal storage at stockpile Pete for later exploration. Nothing is as frustrating as having 3 spears, 5 revolvers and 20 medpacks just to be killed by a lagging zombie and have to start barefisted again.

7. If you die, you respawn at the sector 7 base. Naked (you can get a new hazmat suit from Pete) but without weapons. But you need neither food nor water while being in the base or the zones, which is a plus.

Jmu and Z Killer like this.
  3. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    Lootsniping is VERY fun :)

JankyLot, Xena and RedOne like this.
  4. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    These 4 new zones are in sector 7?

5. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Yes; when you go to the computer terminal in the sector 7 base you can choose the zone you want to go to; 1-4

6. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    Oddly enough I lagged a lot more with my wifi connection than with data plan, and my signal reception isn't too great at home. Also, it's really hard to go in a zone with your clan mates since you get randomly thrown in there with other people. I guess I'll take my time doing the quests for now and begin preparing for the boss until later. Especially since your personal storage over there is pretty small..

7. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I’m not sure about the lag, I have a lot less in sec 7 than the single player zones.
    I’m with hobbes stealing the boxes is fun, also with the kill Zs tasks, wait for someone to hit them down to 10 or below and steal their kill.
    The run in and out pretty quick and just grab a box or two and then go back in seemed to work very well for me. Yesterday I did the daily tasks then left to do some other stuff and when I left I had a couple bandages and spears. Went back later to stock up on a few items and pretty quickly I had 12 guns, 2 full stacks of bandages, and a pair of the scout boots. The 2nd zone seemed to be the easiest way to get weapons and bandages built up.

8. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    Can you bring this loot outside of sector? If not I see no reason to try it

9. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    You can't bring loot back from sector 7 per se. However, the rewards you get from the stranger will be sent to your inbox and you can just claim it from there.

10. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Level 14 gives you a tactical backpack :D

Z Killer likes this.
  11. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Who will be the first to lose their TBP??!!

JankyLot, Ivo and Z Killer like this.
  12. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    I name you - combined with the effort to blow yourself up with a grenade

Wandlewall, Lord Pickles and Z Killer like this.
  13. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    Maybe I give it a try, not sure

14. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ivo
    That'll be me, I have a real talent for fuvking up xD

15. Jmu

Jmu Member

Level:
    IGN:
    I’m not a robot
    Who could of guessed that there is no cooperation and people would be ninja looting. This is such a positive and friendly community. (That was sarcasm if you didn’t get it)

16. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    The developers need community feedback to make the game better, and fix issues

17. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    I love when I find 3 dudes all camping on a chest waiting for someone else to fight the zombie

Jmu likes this.
  18. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    I love when I'm the only one near a chest with a zombie and I think "Now's my chance to kill it and take the loot" and as soon as the zombie is engaged some guy shows up out of nowhere and opens the chest.

Is it just me or do these chests in zone 3 have horrendous drop rates?

Jmu and Ivo like this.
  19. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    Horrible, took me a while to get a pair of pants

Jmu likes this.
  20. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Always seems that whatever you need is rare, when I needed the pants I found at least a dozen jackets and a bunch of shoes before I got the pants.

Jmu, JankyLot and Ivo like this.