1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Devblog 03/18: Update 1.11.8

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Ishtvaan, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    ldoe.jpg

Devblog 03/18: Update 1.11.8

Greetings to the dwellers of wastelands whose jaws and limbs are not coming off. We would like to tell you about a few introductions. Up to chat?
    Let’s start with the weapon part. We’ve added a couple of new active skills:
    • Zip Gun with improved Revolver base is now able to fire a double shot without a recharge. Will the guy on the other side have time to count to three?
    • Knife for AK47 is helpful in close-in fighting. This one is sort of a can opener for armor of anyone looking for trouble.
    • Powerful Plank for Makeshift Bat will pull your enemy two steps back and make them respect your private space.
    • The engine for Saw Blade Maze makes a total mess. It’s surprising that it hasn’t been used in some bloody slasher of the 80-s.
    [​IMG]

We’ve added Wardrobe recipe and changed the system of character customization. To change your appearance, gender, or name, you have to assemble a wardrobe at your base. Changes can be saved for coins, so take the choice of a new haircut responsibly. Look at that, humankind survived the apocalypse, but still gives a damn about their appearance.
    [​IMG]

Local dealer Joe got inspired by Lucas’ example of arranging the Brazil carnival, and decided to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. They say it was Saint Patrick who chased Ireland away from all zombies. Or snakes. Who’s to remember? Unfortunately, Joe is not so go-getting as Lucas, so don’t expect platforms, parades or massive festivities. Instead, he came by featuring green hats. The stock is limited, so if he offers to trade something for one of these – grab the hat and run! We’re not gonna take it away so it will stay with you even when the holiday is over.

And if you’re sick and tired of spending holidays all by yourself, you can get a mannequin for your favorite armor and call it, let’s say, Arnold. And then hang out with Arnold and live happily ever after. To find your new friend, take a peek in the in-game store.
    [​IMG]

The global map has undergone “a facelift”. Some locations have been rearranged, so stay alert while travelling, don’t miss your turn.
    [​IMG]

Thailand, this news is for you, guys. We’re happy to inform that Last Day on Earth has been localized into the Thai language. Yay!
    We told and showed you everything we got, now let’s go check this all out. See ya!

Grace likes this.
  2. Ishtvaan

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    I just opened an air drop and nearly got a heart attack as an AI with a RED CHOPPER passed by. He was gone too fast for me before I was able to shoot at him.

Oh and there's a new event with Jack's house, where you defend him while he repairs his house. He disappeared though when the last horde approached, dunno if bug or intentionally.

Z Killer and Ivo like this.
  3. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Saw on YouTube there are several new events. Just hope they are better than helping Jack, that was kind of a let down.

Lord Pickles likes this.
  4. Grace

Grace Member

Server:
    IGN:
    sleepmeower
    I thought the mannequin was a stupid idea, but I just ended up spending more time dressing/posing it than I’d like to admit... And I kinda like it! At the very least, it’s a good backpack/hat hanger.

AB38AC9F-B6FF-4146-92A1-59D0308F2C60.jpeg
    #dontjudgeme

And yes... That’s one of my dogs in the closet. He’s that special white puppy I was so excited about after my second or third attempt at crossbreeding. He really loves that closet. Idk what he’s looking at, but best watchdog ever.

JankyLot, Ivo, Rondel and 1 other person like this.
  5. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Killed Mr Red Chopper.....not really worth it, half machete, a bottle of gas, and 1 bandage.

Ivo and Ishtvaan like this.
  6. Joosje

Joosje New Member

Level:
    There is a nee spot were a watchtower is. In the rightcorner below..there are a copple of officiers and a electric device...wat do you need to do there? I can’t smash it, there is nothing you need to put ? I dont understand this one?

Attached Files:

7. Ishtvaan

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Second watchtower for those players who start right now; they will need a second generator. For us "old" players who already had the Police Department, the second generator is already in place

Joosje likes this.
  8. Joosje

Joosje New Member

Level:
    Thx

9. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Did the second event, wounded guy at home base. It was worse then Jack, costs you a bandage and a quarter to third of a weapon for him to say thanks and walk away.

10. HAI7474

HAI7474 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    LOL I had the same thing! these events suck!

11. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    Maybe new players can steal the red chopper

12. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    I assume these "save people" events will lead to something at the end.

13. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    LP....remember you’re dealing with kefir so assuming something logical may or may not be right. Lol

JankyLot and Lord Pickles like this.
  14. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Just finished the “follow the puppy” event, slightly better than first two. Take a iron axe if you’re interested in the 3 or 4 oak trees. Plus you only need medium melee to do it, I used a pipe.

15. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    Been to air drop, no chopper dude. Only spear and cleaver guys. I try to find these events.

16. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Not sure if the chopper guy is a one time, I’ve only seen him that once and he was movin so I think if I hadn’t gotten a shot in to agro him then he would have just rode away.

17. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    I entered sector 7, there is no lagging for me. The first task was easy, but I can't progress to to next one, because it's locked

18. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Yeah Z, you have to wait 20 hours for it to reset

19. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    I see. It's embarrassing that I went into the wall, but I don't know how to exit. I want to take back my stuff from the locker, and I can see the global map!

20. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    When you enter/leave you'll automatically switch between your sector 7 stuff and your regular stuff. Just proceed out through the decontamination tent