1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Did they nerf the saw blade such that I can’t sneak attack FGs anymore

Discussion in 'Locations & Zombies' started by Siavash, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:36 AM.

1. Siavash

Siavash New Member

Level:
    Server:
    (NURF* not byrd, it was a typo and I can't edit the title) *done ~Isht

I used to be able to sneak attack an FG without being hit, and then again in the last hit because the range of it was long enough to kill him before he hits me.

I haven’t played in couple of months and decided to jump back in today. I tried to sneak attack 2 FGs and they both got a hit on me. I made sure to run away as fast as possible.

I do have one modification on my sawmace (the neon green blade holder), but according to the description the only effect that should have is increasing the durability.

I’m seriously going to uninstall the game if they did this on purpose to make us use more guns on FGs.... as if FGs weren’t annoying enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019 at 11:15 PM
  2. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    Not exactly, they did mess with the auto-take-you-into-range a bit. If you let the game take you into range with the SB it will get too close, if you back it off a bit you can still get the hit in without getting hit. So basically manually adjust the range, don't let the game do it for you.

The last kill hit is now dependant on the speed of the weapon. The base SB (IIRC) is fast enough to hit him, but once you start modding it to add more damage, it will be too slow to get the hit in before he hits you. I tend to go with the damage mod and take the extra damage on sneak rather than the extra hit at the end.

Then again I've been doing the wall trick more as I need to recycle the guns for parts...

JankyLot likes this.
  3. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    Yea, you can still sneak attack the FGs but you have to keep your range. Don't press auto, move your character manually to an acceptable range. If you lag at all, like me, you will probably get hit anyways.

On another note, they seem to have increased the vision of some of the zombies. Some of the zombies I used to be able to sneak attack now get aggro'ed.

4. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    Annoying iddinit? :p

Whatever happened to all the fun in the world anyway?

5. SWR151

SWR151 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    SWR151
    They didn’t change the vision, I think, they subtly turned some z’s so they can see you. 3rd floor, third room on left with the two biters and the TA, the TA with the FG up top, the 2nd floor two bloaters in the room next to the FG, they’ve all been subtly turned so you can’t sneak them. I noticed the motel biters outside are sometimes turned toward you as well

6. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    Turned/slightly moved. The two Bloaters on the second floor were moved back so you can't get to them with a sneak attack but you also can't agro them from the hallway.

7. JankyLot

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    More opportunities to sneak=fun
    Less=why!?!

8. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    I agree, I think sneaking adds to the game.

Another thing I can't get is when the enemies attack each other at the farm. What is the point? Why can't we sneak? Why do they all come me once I get in range? I had two farm iterations where all four pens had the enemies attacking each other! What's up with that??

JankyLot likes this.
  9. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    It's stupid when they remove the sneak advantage as there isn't any real skill to the game apart from that. It's just a hit/heal button mash or a kite fest.
    I thought my double AK raider attack squad was the worst farm run, but I think you got me beat here.

10. JankyLot

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    I hate when the farm raiders come running from way off screen,
    I clear a pen, think it’s all peace and fine digging in my inventory for the next least weapon and some food and suddenly I’m being gunned from a pen I haven’t even seen the fence to

11. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    They do this every time after you clear 2 sections it seems. At least from my experience.
    So I'm always prepared for them before I start digging around any loot.

12. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    I would very much love it if I had the AK raider attack squad. I just hide behind a wall and let my dog do the killing. The enemy weapon doesn't lose durability when he shoots a wall :)