1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Dying - Lesson Learned

Discussion in 'General' started by hobbes, Apr 14, 2018.

1. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    Hey all, I made this thread to highlight some of the ways i died and some tips on how to avoid dying like i did. pretty basic stuff but could be helpful to other noobs like me. if you have any other ones, please share and help us noobs out!

1) Always be mindful of your surroundings when in the red zone--take the loot fast and run to a safe place before modifying your inventory. While in the red zone, i got complacent and was busy deleting items when out of nowhere, the Big One spawned and straight killed me while I was in my inventory screen. I had already cleared the perimeter so I thought I was clear but i was wrong.

2) You will always spawn in the same area in a map, so make sure you don't leave the map near your spawn zone. I was being chased by a gun-wielding AI so I just unknowingly left the map. Little did I know that when i re-entered, that gun-wielding AI was right there where I spawned and killed me before I could even leave, let alone run. opened screen, heard some gunfire and i got the dead screen.

3) Always clear the area around your dead body before you try and recover your body--especially clear those zombies that are aggroed. I was testing the wall trick with a Frenzied Giant on the 3rd flr bunker and he killed me. i went back to my body and was moving things around and then i died a second time by that same frenzied giant. Lost nearly 20 red tickets, my 2 rifles, 20 roasted turkeys etc.

Z Killer, Ivo and Maximus like this.
  2. Kanomar

Kanomar Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kanomar
    Dont get to sure about yourself, thats the most important lesson i learned, every now and then it happens in bunker alpha, and then i am dead.
    Somehow like this it happens:
    "Dont wanna run to my normal fighting corner with these 2 Spitters +2 Abominations, lets face them here at this corner" that will save me 30 seconds, oh damn 30hp and no heal in the secondary, panic incoming, dead.

I never died copperfarming or by npc after i realized how they work, but alpha is getting me again and again, on normal and on hardmode, just because of overconfidence, lazyness or pure idiocity.

Some examples of other deaths:

Staying at 80 hp instead of healing, opening door, FG behind it, instadeath, or sneakattack FG and a little stutter and bam instadeath. (not anymore)

Forgetting that i am on hardmode, meleeing down the exploder, forgot about parasites, try to loot, dead. (still happens)

That armor is almost broken, hmm it will last for one more fight, then i will have to empty my bp anyway, dead. (still happens)

Forgot to put a second rifle in the slot, fighting heavy turret, first rifle broke, 2 steps forward, dead. (not anymore)

That pistol will be enough for this last FG, pistol broke, yeeha melee attack, dead. (not anymore)

Alpha is really the only place i die once every 2-3 weeks.

eSeGx3, Z Killer, Ivo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    I think that no matter how routined you are, you'll end up dying sooner or later.
    I've had my own survival rules and routines that if adhered to will keep me alive. Trouble is though, you don't die when you're concentrating and playing well with your rules at the forefront of your mind. You die after making stupid mistake in a moment of neglect. And what's worse, it's usually a mistake you've already made many times before....either that or you'll get distracted by something in rl and before you know it, you're dead of hunger or thirst or a lowly roaming zombie has slapped you to death.
    I've had runs where I haven't died in like 4 or 6 weeks, then I'll die 3 times in 30 minutes..
    Best we can hope for is to lessen the frequency of it happening..

kingleo8 and Black Fox like this.
  4. Carrot Farmer

Carrot Farmer Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    CarrotFarmer
    Getting greedy while raiding kills me often:
    I can open this one last chest... Oh good stuff! Ok what to swap out... Revive??? Damn...

Also, sometimes the game doesn't allow you to go back to the base and loot your corpse.

5. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    That's zone dependant and not something the game "sometimes" decides to do..
    If you die in any of the permanent zones, you're dead and your gear is lost.
    If you die in any of the timed events you can get back and reclaim your gear as long as you do it before the timer runs down.

6. Carrot Farmer

Carrot Farmer Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    CarrotFarmer
    I was speaking specificify about dying while raiding. Its not consistent. Sometimes the base is still there and you can possibly loot your corpse, other times the base is gone, so you can’t.

7. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    Complacency gets me killed more than anything else. The worst recent one was going to the bunker with around a dozen full durability guns to clear hard mode. No food or meds because I'd left plenty there in the ticket chests after doing normal mode.

Pops out of my base onto the map.... ooohhhhh, chopper event. It'll be ok.

Last survivor on 2hp when I died. Thought I could clear it with no heals. I was wrong.
    Returned and no corpse to get my guns/backpack back.

Also died from thirst/hunger getting engrossed in base alterations more than once.

Rabe likes this.
  8. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    I forgot one.

Bunker A hard mode. Get an FG down to 5 health and don't want to "waste" another bullet so punch him forgetting that it doesn't do 5 damage in hard mode!

Twice I've done that.

9. Poncho Pars

Poncho Pars Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Nomfry
    Thank god for this thread! It makes me feel so much better, lol. One of the stupidest things I've done was dress myself up in tactical armor I got from Alpha, with GOOD melee weapons, lots of heal, and then decided to hit up the trader before heading to a red zone... put my phone down once I entered the trader's domain.... DIED of thirst. with my military backpack. ARGH.

10. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ivo
    If anything, rl kills me... Just last night I went to a bar with friends and when I came back I wanted to do a raid that had been waiting for me the whole day (just needed to make the tactical an kill 2 more toxic green fat guys). Finished the quest, looked at the YouTube video of the raid, was well prepared... Went to the location and fell a sleep while raiding... woke up this morning and lost a skull too :( I guess your threat level drops when you drink beer...

11. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    Lol for reviving a thread made back in April, by me!! All the tips I laid out back then are still applicable now.

What a nice stroll down memory lane. I started the game probably a few days before I made this thread. Gosh, what a noob!

12. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    Since we’re all going to die consider damage control...

Die where you can loot your body easy enough, ie, lure baddies away from their spawn points in Alfa...lost a lot of gear cuz I dropped right by where the FG lives, especially in hard mode, if you gotta kill to loot your corpse go back with the baddest gun you got and just finish it, not a glock with 3 rounds cuz yer sure that’s enough

13. stufoonoob

stufoonoob Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Vilhjalmr
    not noob in your case... hoobs, not sure if better or worse. ;)

14. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I’ve done most of what’s done said above but my stupidest die was at the rest stop where it starts with 4 guys and they kill one of their own. I snuck up behind the truck and when I was close enough I started shooting , saw 3 red xs on the radar so I started raiding the truck and then the last guy came running up and killed me. The first time it was well live and learn but dammit I did the same thing AGAIN the only good thing was that I had time both times to drive back kill the last guy and still get the stuff plus my own stuff back

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2018
    Ivo and JankyLot like this.
  15. morphium

morphium New Member

Try to plan when you have to pee or better to say just drink in safe locations. This sounds funny but I died once when I looted a crate in the redzone and drunk some water that was in the crate. After I closed the loot screen of the crate I saw that my character had to pee and by my luck a AI guy appeared and just killed my character while he was peeing (what an tragic death cause you can't use any items while you are peeing hahaha). So in dangerous zones better push your dirst down by eating something and don't drink.

JankyLot likes this.
  16. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    Drink beer, pee now

Crunchynutter likes this.
  17. Crunchynutter

Crunchynutter Active Member

Level:
    My standard pre-farm routine is to fill up on food and water meter, drink beer to pee, and shower before heading off.

Works like a charm as I have never needed to pee out in the wild. My inventory will fill up or my armour will get broken before I need to pee again.

Wandlewall likes this.
  18. Poncho Pars

Poncho Pars Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Nomfry
    So I just had a stupid death the other day. I read somewhere on here while doing the farm, to just kill all the zombies but the Ravager and just put that box on the cutting machine and run like hell when he appears. I was actually doing it for a quest so I just wanted to get it done.... but being greedy, I wanted the stuff in the chest as well. My lazy self didn't check the entire farm I guess and there were 3 SGs waiting for me as well, every time I came back. I couldn't really outrun them and the dang Ravager well enough to grab and go. Sucked. Good news is Mr VSS tried killing me yesterday and I actually survived somehow this time. Win some, lose some. Lol

19. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    If the barn opens you get 3 more savage giants, I've died while chatting so, yeah.

20. Johr77

Johr77 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Burnout
    There are 2 reasons it disappers.

1 you scout base leave then come back

2 you make noise then exit base and reenter

Otherwise if you die, you can go back
    1 time
    Die again it's gone.