1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Fort Moss/Season 3 discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by M.Brave, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
  2. Patbou

Patbou Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Patbou
    OMG. I'm so sorry for you. It works all the time for me.

The first time I tried the trick, however, I failed and lost my account - TEMPORARILY. I chose the wrong option on the WARNING screen (left one), and the app launched a new game. I played a bit, died again with this new game, and re-do the trick. This time, on the WARNING screen, I chose the right-most option (RESUME - I think), and the game loaded with my PREVIOUS game (that I initially thought was lost).

At this point, you may as well try the trick again. Frankly, I don't undestand why it didn't worked for you.

3. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Will it save through Game Center?

4. Patbou

Patbou Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Patbou
    It's actually not true, if account is linked. Each time you enter/exit a location (loading screen), the game is saved. On iOS, if you delete the app and reinstall it, and choose to resume (and accept losing that 0 XP game you've just started), the app will fetch the saved file and you get to keep all your progression up to that point where you entered the location where you died. The saved data is indeed on the cloud. Otherwise, why is it so important to save your ID in case you lose your account?

5. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Agreed, they should have you data saved then !
    I'll backup my data and test it out to see if the game actually recovers my progress after reinstalling (android).

This should be good news for Xena then ?!

6. Patbou

Patbou Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Patbou
    The procedure is different on Android. You don't have to delete the app, but you have to do something with cache files, I think. There are articles about that out there on the internet, and maybe a video or two.

I was always confident doing this trick, knowing that if it failed, I could reach out to Kefir to reinstall my account.

7. Raudd

Raudd Well-Known Member

Level:
    I heard after lvl 30 fort they ask you to defeat the same horde once a day.
    Do you get any reward for it or only shields ( defense points)
    Does anyone know ?
    I might invest in 4 personal turrets if there is an atv part / steel / gun or something valuable is offered each time to offset the cost of used resources :)

8. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Not cache files, saved data.
    As i said, your progress is saved on your phone.

9. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Yes i said that xd
    You get iron bars and other stuff if i remember correctly but no atv parts or guns, i'll illustrate with images.
    As when you're waiting for the reset to go fight the horde again it shows an atv transmission as reward, but once you accept the mission and do it you go back to the captain for your reward and it's different.
    It should be a glitch, if i only knew how to exploit it i'd be getting a transmission daily :D

Raudd likes this.
  10. Patbou

Patbou Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Patbou
    Some help on Kefir's site :
    How to prevent data loss
    How to recover progression

I sincerely hope @Xena will recover their account. I feel bad for the trouble. Very much. But the trick works so well for me, it felt safe to share it with the community.

I understand some data is saved on the device, under iOS. But since deleting an app also always deletes all related files, and since a linked account to Game Center is recoverable, some sort of data must be stored elsewhere. Otherwise, how is it that I *ALWAYS* recover my last saved progression after doing my trick?

I'll edit the above procedure, to make sure people save their ID first, and connect their account to the Game Center. Other than an unlinked account, I just can't see why Xena can't recover their game. Maybe fumbled on step #8?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Bouba likes this.
  11. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Good links about account safety, you should include them in the original post along with a fair warning.
    Don't feel bad, i'm sure and hope Xena will recover her account as we all will hate to lose her, you meant to help, hope it turns out well for her.

12. Patbou

Patbou Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Patbou
    Already done. Check it out.

Bouba likes this.
  13. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

So this is what it shows as expected rewards when waiting to fight the lvl30 horde again.
    20191121_184527.jpg
    What my Fort Moss looks like now:
    20191121_184501.jpg

I'll update with actual reward.
    Update: actual rewards
    20191122_025558.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Patbou likes this.
  14. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Well done ^^
    For android, it's easily done without deleting the app, just doing a backup for your saved data then deleting the actual game data and restarting it.
    It used to be easier, just force closing the game then starting it again will put you where game was last saved before your character dies.
    Account id should be saved as long as account being connected to Google play games for security.

FYI: Account data is saved under :
    Internal storage > Android > Data > zombie.survival.craft.z
    I think everyone should regularly backup that folder somewhere else just in case, i do it like once a week.

15. M.Brave

M.Brave Active Member

IGN:
    M.Brave
    What do you use to backup your data? It would be nice to have a copy in case of emergency

16. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Just select that folder and copy it somewhere else, so even uninstalling the game won't delete it.
    You might also rename it after copying it by adding 1 after the z for example so the game won't detect it and won't delete it.
    I personally keep a weekly copy on an external sd card, so even if the phone is damaged i'd still have my progress when i install the game somewhere else.
    If by any misfortune you lose your progress, you can always copy back that folder to it's original location then start your game.

Arkade likes this.
  17. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    Oh no...
    Xena! Don't leave! Please! Whose witty comebacks and dark jokes are we supposed to listen to now? Who will give us joy and confidence when we are down? Please, Xena, Don't go!

Z Killer and Monte7108 like this.
  18. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    Oh, yeah, Bouba? You've accidentally typed "her" as in Xena.

Monte7108 likes this.
  19. Bouba

Bouba Active Member

Lol i don't know but for some reason Xena sounded like a She to me xd
    Apologies if i'm wrong ^^

20. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    Xena is a boy, you can check by going to his profile page, now quick, edit that message to a him and delete this small conversation!