1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

How to find heals?

Discussion in 'General' started by Arkade, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    I use Skull Crusher at beginning of floor 2, put back upstairs, then use SBM for sneaking on everything.

JokesAside likes this.
  2. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

There is no best weapon, each weapon has its uses. As an example SBM is obviously for sneak attacks but its not a weapon for protracted melee fights and its very hard to wall trick with. Also it has the least durability in the game so you will find it very expensive resource wise considering the dps...

To clear Alpha efficiently you need an assortment of weapons for different Zs and different situations. Obviously you can go in there with a bunch of firearms and kill anything that moves but that will be VERY expensive. Lest we forget this is a survival game! You do not waste resources you learn to do things efficiently otherwise whats the point?!?

So asking which is the best weapon regardless of resources is a terrible question to ask as the answer is meaningless unless you consider all factors.

3. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    I get you. But, depending on situation,, sneak is sbm or skull crusher, and normal fight is machete.

JokesAside likes this.
  4. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Pimped our cleavers are actually decent for taking down smaller zombies.

I use either machete or cleaver as fighting weapon with either sbm/big hammer or scythe for sneak attack.

machetes are great but they are expensive to make.

mods may also affect what u use depending on which you have available for what weapons

5. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    A lot of times I use what I find. I usually farm till bored then hit whatever is refreshed loaded up with half used weapons I’ve gathered. And yes this has bit me when it breaks at the wrong time

6. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

machete on normal fight which I take it you mean toe to toe melee fight is a waste as it is an expensive resource wise weapon to mass produce.

Cleaver for melee is a much better option as it makes up what it lacks in damage output with its incredible speed (specially when fully modified) and is relatively cheap to mass produce.

Save your machete for wall tricking FGs, or better yet hard mode bunker alpha wall tricking FGs. Only then is machete worthwhile given how much it costs to produce...

7. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

Again subjective to what you have vs what you’re low on.

If you’re low on armor quantities it may be more advantageous to use a machete to put down two floater blisters faster and save armor vs a cleaver taking more hits to put them down costing more hits on your armor.

machetes do cost more to make but like in my case I have full racks of pine plank, iron bars, and leather and I keep them full from farming and refining, machetes are never a problem but they would be for a new player. That’s why I threw in cleavers because that’s good for new players.

All depends on how you play, and what you have vs what you don’t. I don’t wall trick. Never needed to. Only time I use cleavers is when I find a bunch raiding. I have max mods for both machetes and cleavers so they’re interchangeable for me

8. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Wall tricking will save you a ton of armour. Instead of taking durability hits on 5 items you only lose durability on 1 item namely the weapon. So as far as efficiency goes this is a MUST!!

For a new player wall tricking makes the difference between running alpha
    to: a few times a week consistently
    which speeds up progression mightily...
    I remember not being able to run alpha or the farm for that matter due to armour shortage and brother let me tell you wall trick is the answer.

Two and a half floors of bunker alpha with one set of raider armour is my record.

Like I said previously you can do everything with firearms if you like but it will be bloody expensive. This is a survival game so efficiency in all aspects is the paramount consideration in my humble opinion...

9. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Apologies if I am annoyingly inflexible on this point but to me streamlining efficiency is not just logical in a survival game, its also a major fun factor of the whole survival gaming experience.

I have enough swat armour and guns stashed in my base to clear bunker alpha all floors easy and hard mode at least 10 times if not more, but I derive no pleasure by going in guns blazing. I derive 0 pleasure by clearing PD waves I find it tedious, unchallenging and boring... I am forced by raider tasks to clear the occasional 20 waves and its a challenge not falling asleep running in circles pausing briefly to shoot.

End of rant

10. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

No I understand your point completely. Just a difference In play styles. I do what works for me and you do what works for you. New players have to find what works for them the hard way like we all have then come on here and complain because their way doesn’t give the heals(looking at you Arkade lol)

thats the fun of this game it isn’t linear by any means. Of course trying to play it efficiently as kefir tries to make it more and more difficult is the real challenge but let’s not go there today lol..

11. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    Ryan and Corax, I understand you. As JamesKemp pointed out in another thread, I am sill technically new, but, I have the resources for Tac armors and multiple machetes. I was thinking of using machetes as the high dps is good when you fighting TAs or FBs. But, i think the crowbar or cleaver is best for Toxic spitters ( which arent toxic), and all the normal zombies. The thing is, I only have 2 mods, the slugger with thorns (or something), and the rare vss tactical stock that i got from a airdrop.The only exception is the FGs, which I must use a gun for as I cannot do the wall trick.

JokesAside likes this.
  12. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Actually the katana is the most efficient for 100hp spitters like in bunker Alpha or frozen zones. But if you can sneak them do it with the hammer and save the katana durability as you cannot craft katanas

Most efficient weapon for fast biters is the pipe assuming you have 1 of the many mods that brings the dps to 27 in order to 3 shoot them or sneak and kill them.

If I remember correctly hatchet mod for the pipe was part of the survival guide so you should have it, as it was fairly low on the rewards item list. Same for SBM ergonomic handle, M16 grip and one of the common glock mods i think red dot...

13. Peter Wilson

Peter Wilson Member

Level:
    A question about healer temporary boosts. Is there a certain time to do it. For example, would the berries or muddy broth need to be active before I open the flopp disc crate or before I even initiate the floppy disk and it comes up as a place on the map. Same with a red token box. Is it as long as u open the box with the healer boost or do u need to have boost before u start a fresh run on the bunker and place red tickets in etc? Hope that makes sense.

14. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I have heard that you need the buff when you open the bunker to effect the loot in the coupon crates. I have no idea if that’s accurate and you’ll probably get people saying the opposite. I don’t know if anyone here knows for sure, that would be a good question to ask on the official discord when one of the developers are on.

Peter Wilson likes this.
  15. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    I wouldn't worry about the other healer buffs. The only thing that matters is the one that refills 200 energy.

By the way, all bunker alpha rewards (chest and military crates) are set the moment you enter the code and enter the first floor. Bunker hard mode rewards are set the moment you activate hard mode. Floppy rewards are set the moment the floppy location spawns. If you do choose to activate the other healer buffs, make sure you do so before doing any of the above.

Ishtvaan and Peter Wilson like this.
  16. Peter Wilson

Peter Wilson Member

Level:
    Great. Thanks guys. P.s. do u think those healer buffs like berries and muddy broth actually make much difference in terms of rewards from red chests and floppy discs etc etc?

17. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    no, but no one aside from the devs know for sure.

Peter Wilson likes this.
  18. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    The only effects we can be sure that they work are the double xp one, the extra damage ones, and the full energy one.