1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Important: Upcoming changes on 1.7

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Ishtvaan, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#6840
    Survivors, we hope you had wonderful Winter holidays and found time to take part in Raids. The first episode of the Ask the Dev Team column will feature a little bit different format. You had lots of questions concerning update 1.7. We have mentioned that it’s not the final version of the event and first changes are coming soon.

We’ve prepared a plan of the nearest changes of the Raiders event to give you some time to get prepared for them. We highly recommend reading the whole list closely and paying special attention to the first two points.

1. The simplest walls won’t provide your base with serious protection. It won’t be that difficult breaking them down. Even if you build a maze around the boxes with the most valuable resources. Breaking them will hardly raise any noise. Advice: upgrade wall levels and don’t waste time and resources on building mazes from the simplest walls!

2. Raiders can visit others’ bases and bunkers. Don’t leave your property unkept there, it can be stolen!

3. You’ll also have to complete Raiders’ tasks to go for a raid in the nearest future. It will allow you to visit your neighbors more often.

4. You’ll be able to break any pieces of decor, furniture, actually everything on others’ bases. Restoring broken furniture, benches and other items won’t require any resources.

5. We are planning to add a system of returning some part of resources from broken walls similar to the ones with spike traps. If your base has been raided and walls have been broken, you’ll find their ruins (for example, scrap metal or sawdust). Taking them to pieces will return you a part of the resources.

These changes are coming to the game in the near future so don’t waste time and get prepared to meet Raiders!

Source: LDOE Facebook page

2. Ishtvaan

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#6840
    2.) bunkers won't be safe anymore
    4.) furniture will be destroyable

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  3. schuy88

schuy88 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    schuy88
    Lol they shut down these round about ways of keeping loot safe much faster than I expected. Go devs! :)

Grounder likes this.
  4. That Random Asian

That Random Asian Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivor404
    Imagine TBO trophy gets destroyed and you logged back in to see scattered eyes,nose,ears,brains etc. In your base.

5. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    This is a huge plot twist. Basically nothing is safe with the right resources to break down a base.

I'm actually really set back right now. I thought they were making a point that you needed to be smart, not needed to make lvl 3 walls. But the just basically said concentrate on harder walls, that lower lvl walls don't make any noise to break down. Steel is gonna be the only way, but is way too expensive. This is gonna be interesting now

Everyone's gotta rethink everything now

6. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    Every time they've been asked a question about changing the recipe for level 3 walls they've given the same answer about a change coming that will help. If the yule log was it, then meh. If not, it needs to happen soon.

I've not actually worked out the numbers of materials I'd need, but I can't imagine it being a grind I'd be happy to take on in a leisure activity that is supposed to be fun.
    It's bad enough grinding to make trunks because I've run out of storage space.

Damichia and Shadowhunter123 like this.
  7. Shad

Shad Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Shad
    This is how I’m logging off now. It’s the only way.
    3C511E8F-6A0D-4236-8DA4-79C4A165155E.png

Attached Files:

8. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    lmao. it is a good way and seems like the only guaranteed way when they patch everything. they cant touch your body if you log out like that

Grounder likes this.
  9. Ishtvaan

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#6840
    I have my second generator on the back of my chopper ... where to put it? WHERE??

Grounder likes this.
  10. Storm_Crow

Storm_Crow Active Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Storm_Crow
    I really despise these new changes. Kefir should not discourage people from doing things that are clever. There should always be more than one way around a problem and the only answer to raiders shouldn't be "build lvl 3 walls".

katsumi27 and AdmrlNelson like this.
  11. Shad

Shad Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Shad
    Maybe put it in your base? I don’t think that they’ll steal your generator, though that’d be both crushing and hilarious.

12. schuy88

schuy88 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    schuy88
    My only real concern is protecting my steel but I’m keeping as much of that invested in my walls as possible. Plus to get to it they have to go through 2 lvl3 walls & 2 lvl2 walls as of right now. Quickly working on making that 4 layers of lvl 4 walls. I get that for most it’s gonna be a long road to get their base to a good defensive point but to be honest I’ve put the time in on that grind and Im ecstatic to see some reward for being one of the few to not neglect the aspect of walls. Most put off the wall grind because “we don’t need them”... well guess what. Now you do!

Black Fox, Grounder and Survivalist like this.
  13. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    i think for NOW, the best thing is to hope their resources run out, so that many walls is great. but in the long term, yeah, investing in steel is best...

im working on a little "garage" type smaller house that im putting all my best stuff in so its actually safe for now. its a big investment, but itll be worth it. no way i can do my whole house, so at least i can have a smaller portion saved incase so it wont ruin my game.

i dont mind the walls. but i HATEEEEEE so much that we have to upgrade the floor too lol. its actually really dumb. in real life, it doesnt matter what floors you have for the most part. why do you we need to waste like 15 steel plates on a floor !?!!

Jarhead and schuy88 like this.
  14. Jarhead

Jarhead Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    Serious question here - what good are level 3 walls?

Okay, they prevent zombies. Big deal. But if raiders can break right through them with c-4...what good are they?

And when they say furniture is destroyable....does that include workbenches, etc? Or are those still indestructible, and therefore useful as barricades?

15. Jarhead

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    I think a lot of these ideas by kefir are great, but truthfully, the best strategy right now would seem to be no more raiding. Just grinding and the bunker.

katsumi27 likes this.
  16. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    well it literally said "actually, everything on others' bases" so, anything will be able to be destroyed here soon...nothing is safe (and it mentioned restoring benches on number 4)

and yeah i mean lvl 3 walls are only good for hoping they didnt bring enough c4...its very easy to craft and bring iron tools or regular tools, but maybe they wont bring enough c4. and im assuming the c4 will cause a lotttttt of noise.

well for now....raid away, they havent made these changes yet ;) lol. take advantage while ya can !

17. Jarhead

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BedHead
    1) Has it been confirmed that things like making noise and taking damage actually matter to the AI raiders who attack bases? Do spikes actually do anything?

2) Do we know if the AI script makes them try the easiest walls first?

18. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    no idea on any of these man. idk about anyone else, but im not concerned about AI's at all right now, im more concerned about getting this all straight before multiplayer is actually out

as far as i know, AI's will basically break 3 walls tops, at different places...and if they cant get in, they leave. i was only raided once, and they took nothing. so its not confirmed, but it seems really consistent with this 3 wall breakage thing. and they always pick different locations

19. Cvija996

Cvija996 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cvija96
    Spent a lot of time grinding wood so i make milion lvl1 walls in my base, and now it will be worthless -_-
    But i knew the risk, it just didnt pay off.

Can anyone tell me one thing. I accepted offer from raiders, then raided enemy base and they were happy with shared loot.
    Some random surviror(AI) raided me, and stole nothing.
    When will raiders come again to offer me same thing? Because i changed my mind, i want to refuse offer.

Z Killer likes this.
  20. schuy88

schuy88 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    schuy88
    I’m pretty certain you should be safe now until they return to offer you a new raid, which took 3 days for me I believe. (I’m unsure about that time frame)

mungo, Cvija996 and Survivalist like this.