1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game a zombie?

Discussion in 'General' started by Inc0gnito, May 15, 2019 at 10:09 AM.

1. Inc0gnito

Inc0gnito Active Member

i was going to ask if the game was dead. But I thought zombie was more apt.

Have been lvl 99 for a long time and been bored for almost as long. Don’t really log on much now and when I do I usually get fed up of the process of prepping for another bunker run or some other task and simply log off again instead.

The infected zone is a joke and waste of time. The bunker and other events are rinse and repeat. Have so much stuff I don’t really need to go get anything except to complete events for raider tasks. But I’m bored of that now too so I don’t bother.

That’s just me personally. The game as a whole isn’t much better. Stale tasks, stale events, temporary events that often aren’t challenging or worth the time, infected zone that’s embarrassingly poor, no pvp, clans are a waste of time and do nothing, etc.

The game isn’t moving or progressing and there’s no sign of it from the developers. So much potential but it needs to be classed as a monumental under achiever. If you don’t feel the same then you’ve probably only been playing a while.

Is this game dead, zombified, or is there still hope that the developers will turn it around?

2. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    It is for you. You obviously aren't having fun anymore so I'd try something else. Games are about having fun, if it doesn't spark joy, move on. Personally I'm just waiting for another update and I'll pay a bit more. Other than that, it's winding down for me too. Durango will be out in the US soon...

BTW level cap is now 200.

3. Inc0gnito

Inc0gnito Active Member

What’s Durango all about?

Feels like they’ve had forever to make progressive updates but they fail every time.

Yeah sorry I forgot lvl had increased. Am on 127 now I think.

4. OR-4

OR-4 Member

Level:
    Server:
    I know that feel bro.
    Same in there.
    I login make some woods if I'm low, put something in the recycle, go to the bunker make a floor and forget to loot everything before the 2 days xD.

Joined some clans in the past but was like..nothing changed so I dunno how many people will have the military backpack.

5. Xena

Xena Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I don’t think the game is dead, but I definitely will say that I’m on the bored side myself. I have no interest in pvp but would love to see more areas where you can team up and fight together. The only real reason I’m still playing as much as I do is the bug (if it is a bug) that lets you get 3 vss on every raid. I figure it won’t be around long so trying to take advantage while I can.
    I feel that no matter what game you play or what they offer after a year or 2 if you have to grind for resources at least a couple times a week then it will get boring after a while. I’m actually looking forward to seeing what the new updates will hold, if they are the disappointment that the merc update was (to me anyway) then I will probably keep playing less and less.

Wandlewall likes this.
  6. OR-4

OR-4 Member

Level:
    Server:
    P.s. I spent most of my time with loading screens.
    The only real zone that should be loaded is sector 7.
    Not your base, every floor of the bunker.
    Damn you nearly have 1/2 a GB in my phone and you load every single shitty?

7. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    That's the reason I'm playing too. When the raiders attacked each other I quit the game for a few days and let my raid timer expire. now that the glitch is back, I'm rebuilding my timer but I suspect that I'll let it "zombify" soon anyways.

8. Ninoovcov

Ninoovcov New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ninoovcov
    Sorry guys but i think both games are completely pathetic! Same over the top stupid settings that spoil the game! I have not played ldoe now since tbo appeared right next to me while i was being heavily attacked by the diseased wolf and killed me and that was a week ago. Grim soul is terrible also for this type of thing! I cant be bothered with games where the designers cannot come out with a better idea than to set the game at extreme settings. Maybe it will get better but im not holding my breathe.

9. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    I don’t really know what to say that hasn’t been said many times before on this topic. I think the OP is correct the development of the game is slow but is being quite harsh (although humorous) with referring to it as a ‘zombie’.

In the context of video game development companies Kefir is a small one, handling half a dozen or so games with approximately 50 employees so it’s no surprise updates are painfully tardy and with LDOE still in beta it will no doubt continue in this manner for a while.

The lack of new ‘end game’ content is frustrating for established players and I agree more could be done to retain the older player base, but with the current focus seemingly on improving and streamlining beginner and intermediate content it looks like we’re going to either to be patient and see what happens or survive elsewhere.

Players come and go (in some cases several times) and I too have spells of inactivity, but I have to say no other mobile game has held my attention for as long as LDOE.

In conclusion, LDOE a Zombie? I don’t think so. LDOE is more comparable to the Dr VSS Vintorez spawns. Nothing happens for a while and then BANG! it’s in your face!!!

o_O

10. Corax

Corax Active Member

Nailed that bastard yesterday got an 80% durability VSS :D

11. RedOne

RedOne Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Red
    I think I am kind off bored with this game. I haven't opened it in more than a month.

luisoman2000 and Inc0gnito like this.
  12. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    I'm surviving on life after, downloaded Durango but haven't really gotten into it. Haven't logged in for quite a while.

13. Corax

Corax Active Member

I tried Life After and I really disliked it its very F2P and mobile unfriendly, just to name one example the limited space on the chopper as to what you can ship back to base is rediculous they are focrcing to pay for the surcharge if you want to ship more than the bare minimum amounts. So basically your backpack is useless as you cannot carry back anything from the foraging areas they force you to use the shipping service.

14. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    That is a direct consequence of having an actual market driven by players, if you could get unlimited resources shipped, people who play more could hijack the market.