1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Killing the big one

Discussion in 'Locations & Zombies' started by Smelluh, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Smelluh

Smelluh Member

Level:
    Server:
    server1
    IGN:
    violatedsword
    Fellow survivors!

I am at a point where I need to do something with my shotguns and modded weapons, so I concluded that I need to kill the big one. Now I have been trying to find videos and questions about how many guns you actually need to kill that SOB but that has been in vain (either they 1 shot him with a regular pistol, hackers...or they only show the last part of their action stating I have been going like this for 20 minutes.)

So my question would be: how many guns do I need? Swat gear and medkits are not the problem for me :)

MorticiaSimpson and Survivalist like this.
  2. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    I did the same thing when I got bored. This was before the update and backpack changes but When I did it, I brought 7 shotguns, 5 pistols, 2 sets of swat gear, and 2 stacks of med kits

It's still not easy. Constantly look at your radar and health and keep leaving and entering the zone. It's still actually a challenge lol and keep track of your guns breaking down. And be sure to keep moving! It seems to slow down his attack speed since he has to follow you then get ready to attack. If he autos it's pretty fast. So I wouldn't auto if I were you.

My hands were so damn sweaty by the time I killed him hahaha

Lemme see if I can find a vid. There's a couple legit ones out there

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    WACO2, MorticiaSimpson and Smelluh like this.
  3. Smelluh

Smelluh Member

Level:
    Server:
    server1
    IGN:
    violatedsword
    Cheers for the efforts mate! And what about the minigun? I got 2 of those out of the ship wreck events :D

4. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    WACO2 likes this.
  5. Smelluh

Smelluh Member

Level:
    Server:
    server1
    IGN:
    violatedsword
    Speaking of miniguns, I just got another one out of the red ticket box in the bunker, I did not know that was possible to get from there! :eek:

I think the answer on question 1 refers to that you can build those minigun turrets in the future, now we are lacking ingredients that cannot be harvested atm

Survivalist likes this.
  6. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too. But who knows if they'll change the recipe and it'll require one mini gun? Who knows lol. I don't think it's going to be an easy recipe since it'll be a huge game changer for defending your base !!

Point is I don't really like them for the charge time anyways so I might as well just horde em. Never know. As of now they're kinda pointless In my eyes

WACO2 likes this.
  7. Smelluh

Smelluh Member

Level:
    Server:
    server1
    IGN:
    violatedsword
    Houston, he is down!
    Now we just have to wait what this bunker zulu card can do eventually :)

MorticiaSimpson likes this.
  8. MorticiaSimpson

MorticiaSimpson New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Castiel
    I too am looking to take down The Big One. Now, a Frenzied Giant has 500 hp, so The Big One would be double that. I am easily able to take down a Frenzied Giant with only 1/4 use of a shotgun. So wouldnt I only need, technically, one shotgun to really do the job?

Second question, where is the best spot to take him on for a first timer? I dont want to risk going to the Infected Forest, as I heard up to 3 of them can come after you. Im not ready for that kind of challenge, yet! Lol

9. Rock Okajima

Rock Okajima Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rock Okajima
    The shotgun only does 3 DMG to TBO. He has significantly more armor and no weapon with 20 or less attack will hurt him. It takes 9 shotguns or so to kill him.

10. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    You need at least the 9 shotguns, two swat sets and IIRC about 4-5 stacks of med kits? It's been a while. He hits for 20 damage each and is seriously fast, no outrunning him and he will just lay into you.

The cheap way to beat him is wait until an event happens and you get the consumables that reduce zombie speed and give you cits to your ranged weapons. I used 1 minigun and two glocks and half a stack of med kits.

The infected woods can spawn up to three of them, So for a guaranteed spawn go there. But you may be facing a few of them. Personally I would run/ride the bike up to the red zone and try to get him to spawn. You can go back and forth from Bunker B to re-set if he will spawn.

11. MorticiaSimpson

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Castiel
    Thanks guys! Yeah, all those muscles he has provide him the armor he needs LMAO

So I guess shotgun or vss is what does the job fastest eh. Obviously, vss are hard to come by. Shotguns are easier. I tend to get him to spawn in the red zone around noon time the most.

Watch me be all Rambo'd out and the fool wont show lmao

12. ZombieTom

ZombieTom Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    not sure, but the last video from JCF where he was chased by TBO while raiding a base, TBO did more damage with each successful hit. Has anybody experience with that?

13. Rock Okajima

Rock Okajima Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rock Okajima
    Yeah that was a change they added. TBO does progressively more damage until he one shots you.

14. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    This was added because people were just healing their way through the raid after BO showed up. The idea of him showing up was to tell you 'your raid is over'.

Also don't forget to pee before you hunt it ;)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  15. MorticiaSimpson

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Castiel
    I havent done raids yet, as Im not ready to divulge the location of my base LOL but good to know that TBO shows up! Dang!

16. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    I'm pretty sure that "feature" only applies to raids. I've had him hit me in red zones without increasing the damage each time.

17. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    You should be able to kill him a little faster at the moment with the bug (?) that allows you to spam the auto button to fire much quicker.

It won't save any shotguns but should save armour and med kits.

Rondel likes this.
  18. Rock Okajima

Rock Okajima Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rock Okajima
    It does only apply to raids. I guess I should have specified that lol. Some poor new guy might get the wrong idea and lose their mind when they see one in another zone.