1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Military backpack pain

Discussion in 'Crafting & Items' started by Digital Punk, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    as usual I was just doing a standard green zone run, unarmored and only a spear equipped as always. Suddenly I agro 2 fast biters wich I could still take. As I counted my hp and their dmg I knew I was gonna be safe as always considering every time I think I’m not gonna cut it I just bail and go home.. and then like a magic wonder this floater boater popped up, never even saw him coming :( And poof.. my military bp was gone with the wind.. I guess you all know the feeling when something occurs in a game, you die or whatever.. and then you just stare at your screen with an open mouth for like 5 to 10 minutes.. your wife asks a simple question and you almost kick her out of the house out of frustration.. I never thought it would hurt this much :( Feels like my char is missing a leg now he’s back to the 15 storage rooms..
    Well it’s a story of nothing.. but I needed it to get out in the world so here it was. Maybe Someone can relate to it and speak some wise words to cheer me up :D

StalowyGrom, Est-ong and Z Killer like this.
  2. Bofa_Deez

Bofa_Deez Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BofA deez
    If you have the chopper it doesn't sting as bad. More of a smh moment. It will always suck tho

3. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    Yeaaah.. well I don’t :D 4 engine parts short.. so according to my plan I’ll be jumping in the sky somewhere next week after some alpha runs :) It also has 4 slots with it right? That’ll definitely ease the pain a bit.. still got one steel plate left from a shipwreck run so I’m praying on getting another :) Thx!

Z Killer likes this.
  4. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    Lmaoooo

It gets better. More annoying after awhile but not a huge loss

Also, you'll get more experience and will rarely ever die after a certain point. Only time I die now is when I zone out and don't pay attention.

black bedude and Maledict like this.
  5. Bofa_Deez

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BofA deez
    Yes chopper has 4 storage slots. It's nice because whatever is placed in it automatically transports home if u die

6. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    I'm very sorry. :( Rowdy and Survivalist informed me that military backpack makes no sense. It gives some extra slots, but losing it is a pain. So I will never craft it. I was informed before I went into a dead end street. I use basic backpack, and store my stuff in bunker lockers and at homebase.
    Btw just an opinion, going to GZ with a spear and naked is a suicide. You can never know what will happen.

MAKI likes this.
  7. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    Idk what he said but I never said it "makes no sense". I probably said it's not worth stressing over or not a huge deal in your case, since you were stressing about having to make one. It doesn't "need" to be a huge priority. But it def, 100% makes sense to make one if you can ...

8. Maledict

Maledict Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure these both did not say this!

Aunt Edith: to late...

Z Killer and Survivalist like this.
  9. Bofa_Deez

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BofA deez
    They probably said it MAKES sense to craft it. Sometimes I wonder how you interpret things.....

10. Rowdy1418

Rowdy1418 Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rowdy
    Yeah I can't honestly remember what was said but I know it wasn't that the military backpack made no sense and not to craft it. I haven't used anything else since the day it was available.

Z Killer likes this.
  11. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    Haha yeah thought I was experienced enough :D wake up call! And yeah I guess it’s part of the game :p Get bashed and stand up again :D On to the next one I guess!

Rowdy1418 and Maledict like this.
  12. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    Owh didn’t know that :) That’s pretty sweet! Thx for the info

13. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    Haha :D If you can craft it, craft it m8 :p You’ll be able to take in 3 runs what you normally do in 4. Never drop anything and just take it all :)
    And I know what you mean but you just have to be carefull, I’m doing GZ naked with a spear all the time, with the military bp for weeks now. Never died, just be cautious. I was caught unaware now and I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again next time.

Maledict likes this.
  14. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    Rowdy1418 and Survivalist, I beg your pardon Sirs.

Another gamer said something about military backpack to me, but I can't remember his name, and what he told me exactly. He said something that it will take me 3 weeks to get the steel plates for the crafting, and it will take a second losing it.

15. Survivalist

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    That's not him saying it's pointless though. It is a good point. That you can lose it very easily after grinding for awhile just to get it. But def doesn't mean it's pointless. I think you might've just interpreted it wrong

Z Killer likes this.
  16. Est-ong

Est-ong Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Shiro Hagane
    Bro, feel this pain.

I was out farming for ores on the RZ, filled my mil bag with only iron ores, baux and some useful loots in the crate including an AK and a wrench. I thought it was my lucky day. A toxic bloater popped out of nowhere, i started chopping him with machete and when he reached 100+ health, a skull crusher dude appeared.Didn't notice i only have 3 bandages left. My health dropped to 36 when I tried to escape but this skull crusher dude's so fast he caught up to me and bashed me in my head. All the loots are gone together with my mil bag.

Anyways... If you die unexpectedly like that there's a trick that "SOMETIMES"
    yeah, WORKS ONLY SOMETIMES.

Hard close the game or turn off your data or wifi or immediately shutdown your phone. If you are lucky... you'll be logging in back to the game outside the zone you are in :)

Just remember to be very cautious everytime even if this trick works.

Z Killer and Digital Punk like this.
  17. Digital Punk

Digital Punk Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DigitalPunk
    Awh man that’s harsh! Darn those AI’s! It sucks how we both know our story so well :D it confirms the horror we’ve been through :D And great tip also! I’ll def try that if it happens again! Although I hope I’ll never have to :D

18. Bofa_Deez

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BofA deez
    After awhile you'll be able to tell if it's an AI coming in or z. The wolves are super fast and players kinda zig zag a little and if they have a gun will stop. Whenever I see a dot running in I always move a bit to see how it responds. Not 100% but I got it down pretty good

MAKI and Rowdy1418 like this.
  19. Marcus

Marcus Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    DrF33lGood
    Twas I who mentioned that you, specifically, shouldn't worry about the military backpack bud.

Z Killer and Rowdy1418 like this.
  20. StalowyGrom

StalowyGrom Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [POL]StalowyGrom
    I know this pain I loose my military bp too... Because in red zone can spawn bot with vss vintores :)

Digital Punk likes this.