1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Events

Discussion in 'Locations & Zombies' started by Ishtvaan, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Note to myself: deleting the first posting of a thread deletes the whole thread.
    Ahem.

I think it is appropriate to start a new thread about the mini events that pop up since the last update.

Okay, so far we have:

• Jack's House:
      Jack's House appears close to your base. Help Jack rebuild his walls which got damaged by a horde attack, there are three hordes approaching (only roamers with 40HP). Jack most likely flees when the last horde approaches, in his trunk you get some items and an energy drink

• Follow the puppy:
      A puppy appears on your base and makes it clear you have to follow it. Once you get to the location, you encounter a young bear (500HP) and a girl shooting at it with a bow. Once you help her kill the bear, she leaves the scene, saying "We for sure will meet again" and you are free to pick up the bear's meat (4) and the puppy itself. The bear cave has also some beginner loot.

• The Witch:
      You enter a normal (green?) zone and instead land in a foggy mini map with a pulsating heap of flesh and the witch herself. After a few seconds, two AI with a minigun and a motorized saw blade enter and attack the witch, you can either watch or help; in both cases the witch will flee and the two AI leave after her. The charred corpse on the ground has some damaged tactical gear.

• The Hunters:
      Two AI enter your base, accusing you to havev stolen their deer. They want 4 meat and 4 deer skin, otherwise they will attack. For me, one had a machete, the other a pipe (this may vary). If you give them what they want they say "You made the right decision" and leave.

• Wounded soldier:
      You will encounter a wounded AI at you base's truck; he asks for a medkit and, when you give it to him, some roaming zombies will appear, you have to protect him until he leaves. He also notes that you might meet again.

• The old mansion:
      When you exit your base you are attacked and knocked out by two raiders which take you to an old mansion. Your stuff is in a crate behind bars, and one of the kidnappers orders you to collect berries. You can do that (I didn't, so I don't know what happens then) or try to escape. When you enter the inner yard, below the berry bushes you find a corpse with an axe and daddy pants. After hacking open the door on the right you find a box with a butcher's knife inside, a big medpack and a shirt. You can then continue onwards in a counter-clickwise cycle, kill the other kidnappers and get your stuff back. You should leave the stone room with the pine plank door as there is only a corpse inside but no loot. In the last room with your stuff you find also enough materials to craft another iron hatchet (I figured it out too late) and break open the last door to freedom. Or you simply close the app and restart, from the world map you can just walk back to your base and the kidnapper's mansion disappears after a few seconds.

• Chopper guy:
      When going to an airdrop site, you may encounter an AI on a red chopper cruising around. He might disappear again before you are able to get a shot off, but he drops only beginner loot.

• Drone at your base:
      You might find a damaged quadcopter drone at your base. Even though you can't repair it, you can find out the coordinates where it started from. There you encounter a green AI who asks you to help him loot some military vehicles nearby. He has only a zip gun, and you might encounter mostly fast runners. Once you reach the last vehicle, the Deadface appears and attacks you. This is the moment the survivor turn against you, so you have to kill him. He drops only the zip gun and some reinforced armor, and the car has only beginner loot and an energy drink.

Please let me know if there are more mini events that I haven't covered yet.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Z Killer and Wellpell like this.
  2. matterb

matterb New Member

Level:
    was taken to the mansion, looted all berries and seeds and one axe, could do nothing more, after taking some hours away from game play, I came back and I could travel to home base, but lost all of what I had when I was abducted....ugh

3. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    Enjoyed mansion story line. Felt like there was something to achieve though the only gain was a chopper, 2 med kits and some clothes.

4. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    I am still waiting for it, but I guess I got a bug - the drone is still outside my base and won't disappear even though I completed the event yesterday

5. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Same here. Drone remains.

6. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Nah, just had it. Went to see the drone and got knocked out. Thread updated.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  7. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    The stone room contains a body with another axe so you can get out

8. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    I missed that room but saw on YouTube that the room is empty except the body, will change it

9. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    Got the drone today...

Figured I’d let mr zip do all the fighting while I chopped all the trees, get things done faster...
    But Zippy died at the second truck and when I finished clearing for him the loot truck was locked

I’m guessing only the Zipper can hack that lock, oh well

10. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    Out of interest, after the 2 AI's attack the witch in the green zone, has anyone gone to the witch's lair immediately after to see if they turn up again?

11. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    Yes only he can unlock the truck but you didn't miss much

12. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    These mini events are a great way to introduce new players to different game mechanics. They dont give much to old players, but getting kidnapped was kinda fun (I was waaay better equipped then my kidnapers though).

Z Killer and Wandlewall like this.
  13. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Yes I agree. Good new player content. Would however like to see some mini events with difficulty (and loot) that scale up with level.

Z Killer and Wellpell like this.
  14. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I agree too Wandlewall, but from the reading I’ve done on two different places, they couldn’t make it more difficult. Couldn’t believe the amount of fails on the kidnap event, personally I thought it was fun and pretty easy. I probably had maybe 20 min. in all the events and came out with a modded bat and 2 or 3 energy drink plus a little random crap, but any distraction from just doing PD, bunker, and farming mats is appreciated.

Wandlewall and JankyLot like this.
  15. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    Got the mansion. I gathered all the berries but killed my way out, cuz I need berries.

I want those stone walls with the bars, very classy. Now that the cats out of the bag Keffir, you need to let me craft those walls!

JankyLot likes this.
  16. Rita

Rita Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    Jane
    I j
    I had this drone thingy but I don't know how to like get to where it started , this event appeared 3 times in total of my whole time playing which is 4 month up until now , and I had the injured soldier but nothing else.

17. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    We complained before that the game is too hard, now it's too easy. But at least there is some progress, good to see something new.