1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Mods + Money + Time = my base

Discussion in 'Basecamp & PvP' started by Pushcart, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Pushcart

Pushcart New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Pushcart
    I've been playing for a very long time, since one of the earliest releases. At first I used a mod only to allow crafting, I stopped using mods many months ago. It did help me get a jump start on my base, but I'm an experienced enough player now that I don't need them. I embarrassingly admit that I have spent a lot of money buying things. Early on you could buy just bulk stone and wood. The sheer amount of money I've spent on weapons packs is embarrassing as well. Plus I've spent endless hours with an axe and Pick, probably 100 times more effort gathering material than actually going out and exploring.
    I don't I don't recommend using mods to anybody. but if you want a Cool Base prepare to spend every waking moment and a lot of your savings account, to build it.

2. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I have spent a fair amount of time, I haven’t spent a lot of money ( I have spent a little) and have never played a modded game and have a pretty good base and a quite a few decent items.

AceSabotage and Wandlewall like this.
  3. Pushcart

Pushcart New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Pushcart
    well done you, I only used a mod with early versions. they made it so hard to find things. like most of us I cleared Alpha Bunker over 50 times before getting gas tank. cant wait till we get Beta bunker, and helicopter. I'm anti mod now, but I thought it was only fair to say that I did use one early on.

4. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Same here. You don’t need to spend as all the key items can be obtained by grinding - it just takes time!

5. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ivo
    It takes alot of time.... I've spend about 100 Euro's on the game, no mods but an insane or as you say embarrassing amount of time (according to the wife at least)..
    My base is ready for whatever next phase they can think of :D

6. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    LOL....my wife thinks the same thing

7. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    You let your wives know what you are playing???

doobs likes this.
  8. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ivo
    I had to, she thought I was having an affair, giving so much attention to the phone XD

Xena likes this.
  9. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    But you are having an affair ... with your phone ... which gives you instant pleasure and never ever complains about anything you did :D

Ahem.

Back to topic.

Ivo, Xena and DeVastator like this.
  10. doobs

doobs New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Doob
    Hahaha hilarious I had to delete my first base because of similar reasons

11. armoco

armoco Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sphinx
    I have been playing this game for a long long time and practically no where. Well between my work life and personal, I play around 2 hours- 3 hours a day(exceptions on those days when I'm completely free. Then I grind like anything). By the time I'll have a steel base I'd be old. My spirit shall never find peace if I don't get steel base before I die. :'(

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    black bedude and Ivo like this.
  12. JesterMind

JesterMind New Member

A steel base is too demanding to build. You need so many valuable resources to obtain your needed steel plate and aluminium plate that is not worth it at all. To only obtain one copper bar requires so much coal. But to get steel bars ? All the iron, aluminum bars ? No, thank you. Not with only one advanced smelting furnance. I will never do it ! Unless developers will changes the timers or provide a much better solution to motivate me enough to engage in a such task.

You are so much better off keeping your steel and aluminium for mods, because they are permanent. Once and for all. I am on my way to build only stone walls. That's already demaing enough, having to obtain oak (with the oak drop +1 skill maxed) which is a slow process in itself and then to wait 20 min for 1 oak plank in exchange 3 oak wood. Oof, that's already tiring !

armoco likes this.
  13. Deeman

Deeman Member

Level:
    Server:
    Usa
    IGN:
    Deeman
    I agree. If the stone walls are working why fix it if it's not beoken

14. JesterMind

JesterMind New Member

Stone walls are not broken. There's nothing to fix regarding them so far. They behave as intended. They are just the best choice at the moment, considering the protection/resources ratio.

15. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Reacher
    Just do your steel bit by bit. I started with a 2x2 steel safe room so important stuff safe from raiders. My 3x3 safe room across the corridor is almost complete. Everytime I'm home I just load up the furnaces so it's being produced while I'm off at farm or alpha etc. I'm never expecting to build a huge steel base but safe rooms are vital if you go raiding.

black bedude and Xena like this.
  16. JesterMind

JesterMind New Member

If you choose to raid, that's another story. The risks are on you and your base, together with your resources and hardwork crafted items.

17. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Also the recycler can be a solid source of copper and steel bars..

JesterMind likes this.
  18. JesterMind

JesterMind New Member

Indeed. That's true. I am level 34 at mechanical in Recycler and 21 at electronics. Harvested over 10 steel bars, 4 electronic boards, lots of scrap metal, bolts and now focusing hard on firearms. I used to completely use my handguns but now, out of a sudden I realized my mistake. Now I use them just before they broke and recycle them.

19. ¥JoKeR¥

¥JoKeR¥ New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    ¥_¤N¡n¿@¤_¥
    Add me here the picture

Attached Files:

20. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    Strong bump but I’ll join since I was mia lol.

I spent a decent amount early on. Maybe around $125 But the difference then, is there were some sweet packages, and you could buy everything with coins so it worked. I’m guessing all the mods did away with that?

Solid tip if anyone is going to spend money. Craigslist!! I spent around $125 real money but got well over $200 worth of iTunes cards at a that discount. Just be careful meeting people obviously.