1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Padlocks

Discussion in 'General' started by Wellpell, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    Apologies if asked before but searched and couldn't find anything. Can thay be used and if so how? Do I need oil and if so where do I get some? TIA

2. SlickWilly613

SlickWilly613 Member

Sometimes the dealer wants them as part of a trade, I don't know of any other use for them.

3. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    No use yet. But I'd assume at some point there will be. They're hard to get so id say stock up. I have a couple stacks of em in case

4. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Since the raids started I heard some rumors that if you leave one padlock in each chest, they will be spared when the revenge raid arrives. Superstitious me, I put one in every chest, and in my last two raids each time the revenge raid came along, I got the message "Nothing was stolen". But also only 1 or 2 walls were broken, so ... coincidence? Yet to be confirmed.

5. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    I have to say 100% I've seen YouTube videos that prove the locks dont do anything in this sense. That they put them in the chest like you stated and still got raided. I'll see if I can find one.

Plus yours is a bad example lol. They didn't even break through and get to test if your lock worked or not so of course it's not proven lol

Either way. I think we can use our common sense and say the locks won't be a fool proof way of hiding stuff. We will be able to break them, it will probably just cause extra time and noise.