1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Playing on "Connect"

Discussion in 'General' started by SmolenskNinja, Jan 27, 2018.

1. SmolenskNinja

SmolenskNinja New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Bob
    So I've been playing for a while now and got my chopper finished today.
    The issue is, I've been playing on Disconnected Mode all this time (In settings it's displayed as "Connect")

Month ago I have started the game over three times and in order to do so I've disconnected and cleared all data.

When I try to "Connect" it asks me if I want to restore progress and frankly Im afraid the saved progress is lvl 7 save.

Any knowledge regarding that subject?
    Or am I doomed to start over eventually.

So far I wasn't affected by update 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 by any means and managed to avoid whole Lootme crisis

2. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
  3. SmolenskNinja

SmolenskNinja New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Bob
  4. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    I'll let other Android users talk you through that one then!

5. sealroamer002

sealroamer002 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    If the game asks you whether you want to restore your progress, it means that you have a cloud save binding to your google account. Restoring progress will download the save from cloud and overwrite your current game progress.

On the contrary, there is a method to upload your current progress and overwrite the cloud save. However, I do not know if it will work in the current version since the dev seemed to have done something to the google connect function, and it is not working properly somehow. Anyway, I will put it here:

- First and foremost, BACKUP your current game data locally. Use any file manager, look for this folder in phone storage: \android\data\zombie.survival.craft.z\files. There are "asn.fdat" and 5 "aforrxxxxxxx.sdat", the 6 files are your local save data. Copy them to a SAFE place. (not under zombie.survival.z.craft folder coz if you uninstall the game the entire folder is deleted)

- Now enter the game, link to google play and restore your progress when prompted.

- After progress restored, check the connect button. If it shows "disconncect", click it and disconnect the game with your google play account and go to next step. However, If you see "connect" it means the google connection is not working properly. Many players reported they cannot connect to the google play after 1.7.2. In this case, there is no way to rebind your newer save to cloud.

- After you disconnected the game from google play, exit the game. Go to settings - apps and find LDoE, force stop the app if it is not stopped, clear storage and cache. If you feel it is too difficult, you can uninstall and re-install the game from play market (Don't open it until you finish the next step).

- Let's restore your higher lv game data. Use the file manager to manually create the folder \android\data\zombie.survival.craft.z\files, copy the 6 backup save files to this folder. Now open the game. It will ask you to connect to google play. DO NOT connect at this time, just skip it. Wait for the game loading your progress until you see your character. Now click options and select connect to google play. Now if everything is fine, you successfully binded your current game progress to your google account.

Last but not least, always keep a local backup of your save data. LDoE's cloud save feature is not reliable because it is not using the normal universal google play cloud save function. Instead, the save data are on the dev's server otherthan google's. The proof of this is you cannot see LDoE using the "save" feature in the google play app. So again, always keep a local backup.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Jarhead likes this.
  6. Richard

Richard New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Thank you for that info, I wished I knew this before the lootme dilemma, would have definitely done this.

7. sealroamer002

sealroamer002 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    I learned this after I had lost my save, too. :(

8. iBey

iBey Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]_iBey
    i played on bluestacks... anyone heard any issues if i play LDoE on it?
    because im playing that "Clear chache" when "something" went wrong inside the game :p

9. Spawnface

Spawnface New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Player9023
    I was in the same shoes as you. I was scared of moving my android game onto my laptop emulator. I had a prior account linked onto my google play games account so I had to remove it first. I used my emulator to load my old account and then disconnected it from my google play games account. Then I went back onto my android phone and tried to connect again and it saved my newer character onto my google account. Then I just loaded that account back onto my laptop.

Pretty much just like sealroamer002 was saying. It works.