1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Really Weird Ldoe Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by Arkade, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Arkade

Arkade Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    What if, when you raid, you put items in the chest instead of taking items?

2. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    You give kefir your items.

3. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    The person being raided doesn’t get them. You’re raiding a COPY of the base not a real functioning base. And of course the COPY had also been nerfed for your enjoyment.

Like xena said, you’re just giving kefir the item the player won’t get the item

4. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    ‘Nerfed for your frustration’ more like!

Xena likes this.
  5. Arkade

Arkade Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    I know, but just a idea, a weird idea! (copyright gametheory)

6. Corax

Corax Active Member

ideas are great and all but ideas without a real purpose behind them...

whats the point of this idea? what are you trying to accomplish?!?

7. Player9999

Player9999 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Playe9999
    In zone I always drop on dead dear, turkey or fox phone, watch, odd stuff and I always wish find one like that.

8. Arkade

Arkade Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    This is supposed to be a thread about weird things

9. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    What if the way to get carbon would be to recycle hundreds of one shot guns to level recycler to max, then the creators expect you to then recycle full unused guns for only a 20% return which is really only 0.002% chance?

10. Corax

Corax Active Member

well they nurfed the carbon drops on the PD crates so you don't have alot of options... and even before the nurf it costs you ALOT more guns to get badges for the bloody crates then to recycle your guns

like it or not the recycler is your best bet for carbon

Keep going likes this.
  11. Arkade

Arkade Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    I just realized, ifwe had a contest of weird ideas in this forum, Kefir would win! almost all of their logic is bullshyt.

12. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    I don’t like it but thanks!! Lol

I really think they believe people will pay for guns through their lottery system just to recycle them through their recycler lottery.

Not this guy! I just wait until my second gun shelf storage chest is full of firearms then I recycle 3-5. No more no less and Definately not buying a chance at a gun to then recycle for a chance at carbon.

A lot of us are very frustrated with kefir, especially those of us who have played for a long time. The game wasn’t always so lopsided and didn’t have desperate money grabs. If you’ve been around for a long time you’ve seen your strategies removed through nerfing, content updates slow, and everything be dramatically skewed in their favor. The game has went from being the challenge to still being able to play as kefir further stacks the deck in their favor. Very frustrating

13. Corax

Corax Active Member

I get enough guns from rest stop and alpha combined to fill all my chests which are overflowing. I used to take the extra guns to PD before maxing at 200 as the exp was good. Now that I no longer need the exp its hard to justify the trip to PD specially since its further away now, and of course there is the matter of the crate nurf not dropping carbon as often.

So unless I get a raider quest asking for 20 waves I rather throw the guns in the recycler specially since the 20% chance for carbon drop is actually representative post 1.14

Pre 1.14 it was more like 5% despite the advertised 20% trust I did alot of testing

14. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

I’m still not positive it’s 20% personally, i might just have bad luck.

I only go to pd like you said if I hit an abundance of guns, raiders, or if I need to result my badges for other raiders tasks. I keep 1.5 lockers full at alpha, and two max chests at homes close to full of guns. If they get full then I recycle a few.

Obviously kefir is trying to change gun hoarding though because everything with guns are being nerfed nerfed nerfed, from bunker, to raids to floppies, to AI. Kinda silly cuz at the end of the day if I can’t keep my stockpile sustained, I’m not going to buy guns, they’re going to lose a two year daily player.

I understand they want profits but it’s getting to be a lil much.

15. Keep going

Keep going Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    That's right. I opened 10 blue boxes and one purple recently and got just 3 carbon from them .

16. Wandlewall

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    I still don’t understand what’s money grabbing about LDOE? Sure their shop price points are all over the place but you don’t need to buy anything as everything you need is available in game for free. Sure the development is all over the place too but again as it’s mainly solo play with no competition with others the only time limits are those we place on ourselves. If anything surely it’s the total opposite of a money grabbing game!

Wellpell likes this.
  17. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Imo it’s a money grab when you’re paying for a random lottery chance at item, when there are constant timed events trying to push impulse buys, or when the only reasonable way to obtain very hard items such as carbon are hidden behind two separate random lottery chances+durability equation.

No you don’t have to pay to do well in the game but you also can’t buy 30 carbon if you wanted to. if you need 30 carbon, you can buy 30 chances at carbon, or buy 30 chances at a firearm to then recycle for a possible 20% chance at carbon.

Personally I think it’s a money grab, but I understand what you’re saying because everything is available for free with enough time, resources, and patience. Carbon has created a ridiculous funnel for me due to it being lowered in drop rate, which isn’t an accident.

18. Corax

Corax Active Member

The moment something becomes a mindless grind with no real purpose behind it and your only options are either more of said mindless grinding or purchasing then its the very definition of a money grab.

Once you achieve max lvl 200 then grinding becomes completely pointless as there is no advancement possible, no perk or skill to acquire.

The only thing you have left that is out if the ordinary is raiding that has some random element that can be potentially exciting and even that is a clear cut money grab given the hoops you have to jump through (raider tasks) and the amount of times you have to repeat them to get a single decent worthwhile raid.

19. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Exactly where I am at, grinding for carbon for mods and grinding for steel to make a second steel wall around my base along with raids and revenge raids that are 95% garbage. Unless I want to just pay for the stuff, but then there’s even less

Other than that I’m outta stuff todo

20. Wandlewall

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Good points above and I agree the purchase lottery is misleading, but I still wouldn’t call it a money grab.

In this instance making Carbon available for purchase at a very high price for a short time then devaluing it and bringing out a new ‘in demand’ resource, rinsing and repeating, is my definition of a money grab.

Look at the Game Of War mobile gaming model. That’s a money grab!