1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Rucksack Extension after dying

Discussion in 'General' started by Squaredigger, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    After dying you loose the stuff in inventory - thats acceptable. But loosing a military rucksack at level 40 and then having to restart with just 2 inventory slots (not even having the chance to buy a new such military rucksack if I wanted to cause I saw none in the shop) is definitly not acceptable. Is there a chance to get the rucksack back after death?

EDIT: as explained some posts below it was the TACTICAL (not military) backpack that was lost.....

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019 at 11:33 AM
    Z Killer likes this.
  2. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    where did you die? if it was a resource zone you wont be able to get it back. but if it was anywhere else you can go back to loot your body. and the reason you couldnt find the military backpack in the shop was because it only appears in the shop once in the entire game (its a starter pack) and you bought it. if you hadnt bought it, it still would have disappeared.

3. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    ok thank you - it was a resource zone. Yes I bought it, because I lost the extended backpack (2 extra slots) the same way before. I accept loosing stuff in the inventory, but loosing the backpack permanently and having to play with just 2 slots again (or at least 3 if I find a normal rucksack) at my level.... no, in that case I‘m out

Z Killer likes this.
  4. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    well its 10 slots without any backpack, not 2. And its 15 slots with normal backpack, not 3.

5. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    Plus, shit like this happens all the time! Ill be damned if some of the guys here havent lost their military backpack atleast 2-3 times! Heck, even Ive lost mine twice! So suck it up, and turn into the man that your mother wanted!

6. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    sorry - 2 rows with 5 slots per row
    One needs to be correct with such things... ;-)

anyway - thanks for the help, but as I said, loosing inventory is fair, loosing the very rare inventory extension is a little too much ... just for me (and perhaps my mother too) ;-)

7. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    Umm...EVERYone has experienced this 3-4 times if not more. I lost 5 military backpack and 3 tactical backpack in resource zones. It's the black backpack with 3 rows of added inv slot.
    Very frustrating yes of course. And lvl 40 is not that high so dont worry so much, keep grinding.

Ps: i dont know if this is considered cheating or not. But i dont care, i do it all the time haha.
    After loosing my 3rd tactical backpack, i caved in and finally started reloading the game. After you die, dont press revive. Just quit back to homescreen (i'm on android). Go to app management for last day on earth and clear data. Re-enter the game. Disclaimer: Make sure you know what youre doing.
    Now the game will go back to new state where you dont have your char assigned to it at all. Pick your old server number and then there will be little window asking if you want to restore. Pick restore and enter the 4 digit numbers shown. Your char will be reloaded just before you enter the zone.
    The game saves it self when you enter or exit any zone, when you pick something from your inbox, when you move floors with elevator(bunker alfa or random basement). Use it accordingly. I reload all the time now. Especially in raids and killing the witch .
    Getting to lvl 40 might only need about a few days. And military backpack is not so hard to make. Tactical backpack is still impossible to make because one of the ingredients is not released by kefir yet. I almost quit before i knew how to reload

8. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    Dont take offense dude, that was just an (un)inspirational quote.

9. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    thank you - first of all I need to correct that, I lost my tactical backpack, which is the only thing I bought in a package because I lost my military backpack and couldn’t get a new for quite a time. Hardly ever seen a useful backpack in the game and it needs level 64 to create the military, the tactical is impossible to build as you‘ve stated so this is even worse.... this seems kind of a system to me I don‘t like that too much: great game, but low energy and no useful backpack, so I have to run a thousand times between the ressource zones and home to get the stuff home and besides I can craft real cool items by now, but no useful backpacks....?!

As for your trick, I am on IOS and I‘m not sure if that one works, because one needs to delete the game to get rid of the current state on IOS.... any experiences with that on IOS.....? but anyway, I don’t think I’m gonna start over and since you told me that crafting a new tactical backpack is impossible anyway and even buying is no option (I don‘t like In-App-Purchases, but in this very case I would have done it) I consider it even worse now. Too bad, I really liked the game.

Z Killer likes this.
  10. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

You can force close when u die and if you’re fast enough it usually doesn’t register u died.

Double tap round button, swipe up on game.

Saved me countless times but not guaranteed.

11. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Welcome to LDOE Survivor! As a long time player I can honestly say it’ll only get more frustrating!

Z Killer and Keep going like this.
  12. Keep going

Keep going Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    We all experienced losing what's considered as a very important item like the TBP . Losing a military backpack can be disappointing but not as TBP. I lost more than 3 TBP my first times. Learning how to not losing a TBP is as important as the backpack itself. the bike can also be till an 8 permanent slots whatever the situation.

13. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    NnNNnnNnnoOooOoooOoOoooo dont gooOooOOOOOOOoooo......

14. Arkade

Arkade Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    TripleZ
    You know that he meant that if you connected your phone to the game center, you could teleport back to to the time before you entered the place you died in, right?

15. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    Thank you, but I don‘t see how to perform these steps / option in IOS.... after all I think it‘s too late now, and the tactical backpack expansion is gone for good in the shop and military is 24 levels ahead and in not in shop as well...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019 at 10:53 AM
  16. Corax

Corax Active Member

ha ha wait until you lose your first tactical backpack which you are not able produce (rss do not exist in game). at least you can produce a military backpack so stop complaining and start grinding like the rest of us...

If you do not like grinding then let me save you alot of trouble, this game is not for you

17. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    First: I lost the TACTICAL backpack as stated above....
    Second: I asked in my first post if there is a chance to get it back - this is /was the question. (as stated above). If not - thank you for your kind advice, but I didn‘t ask for it. As I stated already (and repeated by you): yes, in this special case the game is definitely not for me....

18. Corax

Corax Active Member

I am sorry for your loss, I know how aggravating it is to lose a TBP lost one myself during a raid. Additionally I have lost 3 MBPs in resource zones (f-ing VSS guy) so trust me when I tell you I know how you feel.

Having said that, just for argument's sake, I would like to understand the logic behind your thinking. You stated that in your opinion its ok to lose what's in your inventory but not your backpack. How does that make any sense exactly? Your dead, thus everything on you at the moment of your death is forfeit! That means your armour, your weapons, your items in the backpack and of course the backpack itself as you have it equipped!! Why would your backpack be exempt from death, whats the logic?

There are ways around death however, when entering a resource zone, you clear the zone with basic backpack and leave your MBP on the chopper. Once the zone is clear you put your MBP on and collect the resources and go back home. At no point do you EVER bring TBP in a resource zone, MBP is good enough. Its not full proof as you can get jumped when you put it on to collect but you mitigated 99% of the risk by not using it while you were clearing the zone and worst case scenario you can replace the MBP. Now if you have no chopper built yet you have no business in yellow/red resources zones with anything better then a basic backpack. That was a bad strategy on your part, its ok we learn from our mistakes and move forward.

As for replacing good backpacks you can produce an MBP and actually can replace a TBP. I replaced mine during season 1 the F2P rewards included TBP so I got it without spending a dime and currently I am working on getting a spare by grinding season 2 for lvl 15 TBP reward. I believe its safe to assume that in the future we will get further opportunities to get TBP. As I stated in my previous post this is a grinding game, this is how it works, this is what we do 99% of the time, we grind.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019 at 5:13 PM
  19. Corax

Corax Active Member

20. Squaredigger

Squaredigger New Member

Level:
    Thank you!
    Logic behind thinking: You stress just the „loosing“-component when dying.... well that is probably ok - considered alone. At the end it is the COMBINATION of loosing and having no chance of getting/crafting (not even buying) a substitute for such a very basic implement, that is more fundamental to the whole way of playing a game primarily based on collecting stuff with limited energy for bridging distances in various distant areas than any armor or weapon (and besides one can get more than enough of those things due to findings and rewards and if one really wants can buy even plenty heavy duty stuff). It is like dying and being limited to the wooden spear again for (almost) good.... but if I lost my weapons due to a death I could easily collect or craft other quite reasonable stuff (maybe not as good, but reasonable) within a few hours (at the most). And that is the (very) big difference! A new TBP is completely out of sight and even the MBP is very far away, so collecring stuff with this slot limit again for a very looooong time at a quite reasonable level that allows me to find and craft so many fancy things on the other hand is an inappropriate limitation of the gameplay from my point of view.