1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Screwed the pouch on my first raid :(

Discussion in 'Basecamp & PvP' started by Corax, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

My first raiding experience was a complete disaster. I step out of my base and see ~8h on the clock to raid the enemy base so I go there naked not knowing what to expect just wanted to check it out. Did
    not know if there would be turrets up blasting me when I step in. Also I wanted to see what I need to bring such as c4 or iron hatchets saw that it has no walls up and went back home to prepare. Got back started opening chest and all was going smoothly till TBO showed up and kills me. So I step out of my base ready to go back and get my stuff and the enemy base has disappeared. Lost my tactical backpack.
    Aaaaargh

2. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Too bad on the TBP, but in the future remember any noise when scouting screws you if you die later.

3. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Doesn't make up for the TBP I lost on the first raid but did my second raid and got 100 batteries
    full durability swat outfit
    full fur outfit
    full shotgun
    full m16
    full SBM
    oak plans
    oak wood

For the cost of
    one silenced glock (3/4 dur)
    one C4

Did not find any steel but I am elated at the batteries as my recycler is maxed on electronics and I am bound to get copper to conver it to steel. I am happy with the loot but I have no experience so was it worth it, did I break even?

4. Cannes76

Cannes76 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cannes77 97
    Yeah that is definitely a worthy raid. I can only dream of such a good raid... I have only done 3 so far, and the loot has been mediocre at best.

5. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    What was the raid base name?

6. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

i think it was burgerking and a number single digit but i dont remember exactly i think it was 3

Oh there was also a MBP, haha forgot to mention the main reason I was posting lost the TBP on my first raid and got MBP on my second raid instead

7. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Third raid and more questions
    The dude had 3 safes is he a hacker?
    He also had 2 NFL type helmets I did not have time to grab as TBO and his crew showed up and started hitting me like I was a pinata...

Loot found
    105 batteries (yeah I know I have a one track mind)
    1 full VSS
    1 full glock with laser
    1 full katana
    2 steel plates
    21 bottles of gas
    6 gas cans
    40 leather
    40 coal
    40 duct tape

Cost me
    3 C4
    1 katana
    1/2 silenced glock

Not sure if this was worth 3 C4 as I will not be raiding for a while unless bunker starts giving some C4 in red crates...

8. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    Dude is probably a hacker but the base could simply be a base made by kefir. Everyone in the official forum says these bases are legit players but I just don't believe them.

Personally, I wouldn't even waste 1 c4 unless the base had at least 10+ full durability guns among many other things. However, raids are what you make of it. Consider that 105 batteries is roughly 30 copper. If you need copper then I suppose the raid might be worth 3 c4 to some players.

9. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Yeah the 40 duct tape and all the gas was awesome for me as I am always running low; the steels plates were the cherry on the sunday and the batteries are fantastic as it gives me the luxury of not having to trek for an hour each way to mine copper special since everytime I do it, I feel like Kefir is flipping me the finger getting only 2 nodes in the red zone...

Having said that I find the price of 3 C4 steep; but thats the problem of raiding there is no way to know if its worthwhile or not in advance

10. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Do you search for the base before the raid? The better part of mine have been on YouTube, my last one I knew was crap so broke one thing and left.

11. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

to be honest it never occured to me to check youtube I assumed raids were completely random, will be checking from now on!

12. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    If nothing comes up on YouTube also search google. I’ve checked YouTube before and found nothing and when I googled it I got a link to a YouTube video. Also remember to watch the newer videos since they update the raids occasionally.

13. The Butcher

The Butcher New Member

Server:
    For what do you use duct tape? I got like 150 of them and dont know what to do with them?

Always be sure you have a secured base before you go in a raid.
    There is a bug btw that I encountered with one Chinese guy who raised my base, he kept turrets in the corners of his base (corner of a stone walled room, and they were shooting me from outside the wall, I'm not sure if there was a window but I managed to kill one of his 500 hp turret as a revenge. Ge had 3 of these turrets.

Having 105 batteries is nothing big. Probably the guy didn't figure out that you can recycle those for copper.

14. JamesKemp

JamesKemp Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    Duct tape was one of the ingredients for the nail board; most commonly used melee at one point in time. Used correctly, proved to be the best economical melee weapon of choice imo.

Once you've used the necessary amounts for modding recipes, other than making iron axes there's really no use for them.....

Edit: my bad.
    Saw Blade Mace and the occasional Skulk Crusher crafting!

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  15. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Constantly using duct tape on hatchets and pickaxes, bows for the turrets in Alpha and weapon mods require a ton of duct tape

16. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Yeah, until recently duct tape was killing me. 150 would have been 1.5 runs farming oak when we had the Yule logs.