1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 10!

Discussion in 'General' started by Rondel, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Oh ok wasn’t sure what the yellow bar bottom represented.

2. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    I can't tell whether I am dying or the forum is. All I do is read the posts, not even a reply.

3. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    It’s the forum and the game. One of the other threads we talked about it dying a while ago. Seems everyone is moving on to reddit, fb, discord etc and message boards are for old timers.

The game is also becoming very stagnant and there are a lot of alternatives that have more of the good with less of the bad that ldoe is known for. LDOE is being left in the dust.
    We get seasons with lackluster rewards, very little long term content unless you count the nerfing and negative changes while other games are dropping new content often and rewarding player for playing daily and have taken this model and improved upon it in ways LDIE should have two years ago.

Here’s an example DOZ if I click auto my character will chop wood, stone, kill enemies, search boxes, gather loot, auto heal, auto equip a new weapon or better weapon, pretty much play an entire farm session for me..........LDOE gave us a season and took raiding from people below level 150 and of course for those of us able to still raid, didn’t remove the garbage level 1 bases from polluting the riding pool.

Kefir is killing this game and seems to be actively chasing players away willingly.

Arkade likes this.
  4. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    Yeah. Honestly I've 100 percent stopped playing video games other than minecraft. No motivation for any other game.

Monte7108 likes this.
  5. black bedude

black bedude Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kip Krakem
    i got the zombiekilla. it's seriously cool! why dont you like it hobbes?
    it has big purple tyres haha love it. very flashy

6. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    it looks alright but has no special effects. the evolution biker skin still has the best effects. I personally use the tiger skin as it seems to be the thinnest bike.

Arkade and black bedude like this.
  7. M.Brave

M.Brave Active Member

IGN:
    M.Brave
    duh you use the tiger skin. you're Hobbes. what else would you use? ;)

I personally dont care tor some of the more garish looking bike skins, so I woulda been fine skipping this one. So of course I got it the first pack I opened lol. What I really wanted was that cat backpack. finally got that too. guess I'll go until I get the hologram as well so I collect the whole set, then quit...

Edit: It's kinda sad, actually. There are a lot of backpack skins I really like, but my absolute favorite is still the basic tactical backpack skin. I think it looks really badass and survival-y, with the metal water bottle on one side, the tactical knife on the other, and what looks like a bag of extra survival gear packed up top. So I just end up always wearing that one instead of one of the prize ones. I am fond of the sleek look of the new genesis one though. Might put that on if I'm feeling like a different vibe!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  8. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Hey Hobbes. When you coming back to Sector 7? We miss you!

9. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    sector 7 is time consuming bro. i'm barely playing single player too :(

although i have to say my last 8 or so raids were all good so that keeps me engaged.

10. Ramiro

Ramiro Active Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rammer
    I gave up on this season once I reached level 50.

The grind is unenjoyable for almost no rewards plus I feel like I did not have time to do the other things you have to consistently be doing to progress in the game.

11. BaddaY

BaddaY Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    BaddaY
    Deja vu. Heard that first time in 2017 when jurassic surcival popped up. Everybody was hyped. Other companys jumped on that hype-train. At the end all just poor copy's, speeding up the gaming process by rewarding the players for doing nothing. Even if kefir is kicking players balls on a daily basis, they know how to keep things interesting for more then 3 years now. And if player-numbers would start dropping, they will release some badass-stuff and everybody goes crazy again.

Arkade and black bedude like this.
  12. black bedude

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kip Krakem
    Ahh i see. My old favourite used to be the iron raider one. Very cool rusty bucket with lots of fire spewing from the exhaust haha and you dont need to wash it at all

After season 9, i havent even went back to sector 7 at all. Playing in sector 7 feels like redoing this game all over again. The grind. Ohhi'd rather not. I had a look into doz survival. Kinda cool, but once i was facing the whole new graphic ui and all the items, i went back to single player ldoe hehe. You see, i'm looking for the comfort zone. I feel quite settled in single player now, with my base all steel, soo many guns and armor and health, i feel so comfortable lol. Enjoying the fruit of my grind. While i was grinding this game, my mind kept reminding me of how comfortable it will be when i get everything done. Well most of em anyway. Still feel a bit scared of bunker bravo lol

13. luisoman2000

luisoman2000 Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Luiso
    Let's see: saw somewhere u couldn't get enough points for multiple end tier boxes. Game has been lackluster for over a year, Last permanent content added was bravo and swamp which are catch 22 and only for upgrading racks to store more stuff in. Seasons are meh, sector 7 is the only kinda rewarding thing but will die if no endgame purpose is introduced (farming just for the sake of farming gets old real fast). DOZ is kinda cool and does a lot of stuff better than ldoe but still needs work. Weapon durability there is ridiculous, few swings or shots and you're out of a weapon, energy system is cool though, makes u play a bit more inteligent.

black bedude likes this.
  14. black bedude

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kip Krakem
    I like ldoe alot! The feel, the graphic, the gameplay, my biggest dislike is i have not much to do anymore aside from doing raiders task as i know many players are still playing because of the raiding. And i'm not surprised at all. I've never came across a game like this. This raiding thing is so great. There are some flaws in the system but well, it's still fun enough for me. The anticipation of loading the game to see what kind of raid i will get...oohh...
    As for the grind, well, i've been playing all kinds of games, since i was 12, a lot of em rpg. I am now 46. So i'm used to it. As long as i can see some hope in the future. And you know how grindy old games are lol.

15. black bedude

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kip Krakem
    My most memorable grindy games of old is diablo. If you play warrior, the amount of grind you had to do is lets say 100%. If you're a mage it's about 80% haha
    As warrior, all you do is hack and slash and gulp potions all the way to lvl 50 which felt like forever. Until i finally got to lvl 50, i couldnt believe i still had the will to make a lvl 50 mage.
    After lvling up a char to 50, the great hunt for the equipments begin. And its a seemingly never ending hunt. God knows how many thousands of fast run thru the lvls i had to make to fulfill about 80% of my equipments. I even had to retire the old warrior because i kep finding the equips for mage. So the warrior was left behind and really not fun to play.
    Well ldoe is like that only less grindy but there is still many raids to do which are so fun. But then again, i have been playing ldoe only since april 2019. So it's still not that long ago. So we'll see

16. Peter Wilson

Peter Wilson Member

Level:
    Hi,
    Not sure which thread to use and hoping people still on here playing the game. Land mines? I’ve placed two in my base now in a certain spot and then logged back in the next day and it’s disappeared. I haven’t been raided so no one has stepped on it so is this some sort of glitch? Was using it for base protection but they just keep going? Any ideas lol?
    Read a few other comments. It needs some permanent additions pretty fast. Even adding extra levels to alpha and bravo etc or some new bunkers would be good. I still have my atv to finish so I know that will keep me going till it’s done!

17. Ryan L

Ryan L Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy

I can’t answer your landline question cuz I never use them.

my guess however would be leaving and reentering your base makes it be lost, like if you set one in a farming area, left area for another area and returned resetting the area.

The boards pretty much dead at this point FYI. There’s a few of us that still log on occasionally. I think most people moved on to other forms of social media and whatnot.

18. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#6840
    ... or to another game ...

19. Monte7108

Monte7108 Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Playing Minecraft with my son. Build things use imagination. I needed a break from ldoe. Now I don’t care. I realized just how much repetition for doing and getting nothing. Hope all my friends here are doing well though.

Arkade likes this.
  20. Arkade

Arkade Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Arqade
    The true beauty of minecraft is you could try and do the same thing over and over but it would still be a unique experience.

Monte7108 likes this.