1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Kefir rethink in app purchases pricing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Vis, May 2, 2018.

Redo in app purchases pricing?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Stop Moaning :)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Vis

Vis New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Vis
    Don't get me wrong i love the game, But it does seem the makers have a serious issue with value of in game items.
    I'm not saying everything should be free because that would make the game pointless with no incentive to play it but they should at least rethink the pricing on in app purchases..

Or is this just me?

Protatoez likes this.
  2. nthnlws

nthnlws Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    Android Server 1
    IGN:
    Nathan
    I agree that they are WAY to high, but currently Last Day is the 4th highest grossing game on Google Play. I don't think they are going to change anything soon.

Protatoez likes this.
  3. TheyLiveWeAwaken

TheyLiveWeAwaken Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    FLATEARTH
    Thing that gets me is, the games in beta and the prices should be way lower.

I mean we are testing the game to make it better and allow them to complete the game, allow us to purchase stuff at reasonable prices. Esspecially in Beta because nothing is for sure and the game can change with one patch.

Protatoez and HNDRXXGAMER like this.
  4. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    What on earth are you guys buying? And why?

Until an open multiplayer environment arrives in full (which let’s face it is a long way off) there’s no ‘in game’ pressure to progress at speed. As has been said many times - you don’t need to spend a penny on LDOE! Everything is available through the grind. Sure if you want to take a short cut and spend then good for you, but don’t complain about the cost...

My vote=Stop Moaning!o_O

5. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    My input simply put.

Why are you spending money on. 1. A mobile game. 2. A game in beta. 3. A mobile game in beta!?! Lol

Mobile games revolve around profit and I highly doubt they will adjust them. They’re clearly making money.

But like @Wandlewall said. You do not have to spend money. I always say this. If you have consumable income then by all means, spend away!!! But if you don’t, there’s no reason to spend money. It just means more of a grind but that’s okay. Everything is attainable. Luckily nothing is strictly for purchase right now.

6. Vis

Vis New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Vis
    I agree with most of this but i really only wanted a debate on whether they should rethink the prices an not why are we buying stuff. Im used to the grind coming from rust on pc but a mobile game is more casual then pc games in my opinion which is why i think it shouldn't have to be crazy prices, im sure they will make more money if its lowered as alot more people would see a value in them an would be willing to purchase items .

7. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    The prices are ridiculous if you stop to think about it. How they can say these items are "worth" this amount of money is crazy, but while people buy them they will carry on.

I'm all for supporting the game and I have bought things that I either perceived to be worth it (the recent level 2 room with level 3 corners for a couple of quid being the last) or when I've been in need (ran out of hatchets on a promising raid).

Another thing that irks me is that the exchange rate from USD to GBP is 1.36 at the moment, but from watching youtube vids I see that the GBP price is the same as the USD price, so 36% dearer for me.

Anyway, it is what it is and we always have a choice.

Hey Kefir, I will sell you all my stuff at 50% off your shop prices. Seems true?

8. HNDRXXGAMER

HNDRXXGAMER New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    HNDRXXGAMER
    I think the prices are high because it’s more of a black market type of deal. Remember it’s the LDOE things aren’t so accessible. The Pay over Grind people always stop playing first and want a refund later anyway

iLiKEiT likes this.
  9. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    Kefir et al are in the process of raising the bar. A few years from now every popular game will employ the same or similar pricing systems.
    That said, LDOE prices are at best, unfriendly.
    The huge player base allows them to bet big....and their continuing placing shows its working.
    I weaked out over the ridiculous spawn rate of puppies and brought 10 rank 1 and a rank 3.
    It was a momentary lapse. The abysmal sex ratio of the box of 10 puppies cured me off any further purchases.
    Kefir aren't going to change their policy. I'd think there would be more chance of apple and Google changing the rules making in app purchases from games in beta, illegal.
    I'd love to know though, just how many people have brought steel rooms.

10. Z Killer

Z Killer Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Isti
    Agreed. Mobile game prices are insanely high. Someone spent more than thousand dollars on this game, hundreds of puppies! Pixel puppies, virtual reality!

Back in old times we went to the shop for floppies. Bought a game and play it forever, there was no internet.

PC games are cheap, but demand some hardware. I have built a gaming PC for $600 (in huf).

Fortunately no reason to spend on this game. I can grind 200 woods in half an hour, others can grind 200 oaks in one run.

11. Lakson Vell

Lakson Vell Active Member

Server:
    I honestly think the prices in this game are low and affordable.
    I've just come back to this game, and after playing some other games with a much bigger player base, I honestly like the prices in this one, for two reasons:
    1. Everything that is in the shop is farmable, or has an alternative (mainly thinking about the weapons)
    2. Most mobile games charge 2-3 times more for "full items" compared to this one. But then again, most items in this game have durability...
    The idea behind this system is the "get it faster" mentality. The shop is mainly oriented towards people that will just keep clicking to get what they want. Very little comes from people that buy med packs in a pinch or hatchets for a promising raid.
    On a side note, apple recently demanded that all goods that are purchasable in the apple store in the form of loot boxes have to have exact drop rations declared. So you might get to see exactly what you are buying in the loot boxes in the future.

12. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    I'm honestly a bit puzzled as to what this has to do with subjectively high prices.

Rubbish. Most games do not charge 2-3 times more...and ldoe items are not especially durable.

Another subjective written as objective. How would you know just what kefir's income demografics are!?

Vis likes this.
  13. Lakson Vell

Server:
    The first one makes a lot more sense if you dont butcher my post and include everything in between:
    Second, (I apologise to the mods if it's unacceptable to have another game mentioned, if so please edit it out.) The game that crossed my mind is the one I recently quit and switched over to this one, SWGOH. In there, every new hero release had a price of 300-400$ to be complete, without even gearing it.
    Lastly, it's a matter of target audience, not income demographics. Every single mobile game of this type has followed the exact same route, simply because it was proven to be the most effective. A small number of very wealthy players makes up the bulk of purchases, compared to the total population. If you wish to educate yourself more on what "whales" are, you can check this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/63lvak/what_is_a_whale/

14. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    I butchered your post as I saw the extraneous info as irrelevant to the point at hand....I apologize if you think it in some way diminishes your argument.
    However my underlying question is still valid. What has pricing to do with your argument, that prices in your opinion are fair because the same items can be farmed in?
    As to your second point, it's evident that your enthusiastic defense of prices is at the expense of reality.
    Your original statement was that "most" games are 2-3 times more expensive than ldoe....now you say "the" game you had in mind....Most is not one!
    I don't mind arguing the point with you but please don't pluck numbers and statements out of the air in order to pat yourself on the back for your "correctness".
    Lastly. You originally appeared to come over as having insight into who buys what with reference to in app purchases. Here you are talking demographics.
    Now apparently your knowledge comes not from demographics but target audience!....(whatever that's got to do with prevalence of purchases)
    I won't bother asking you for any form for documentation as its obvious you just chop and change, saying whatever you perceive as a strength to your argument without realizing the contradictions and weaknesses.
    I originally suspected you as a kefir agent or just troll....now I think something different.

iLiKEiT likes this.
  15. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Isti
    Good point. If someone has let's say $millions, some Ferrari and Lamborghini, why not spend $10000 on mobile games, if he enjoys it.

Lakson Vell likes this.
  16. Lakson Vell

Server:
    @Olsin I apologize but I do not wish to engage in a argument I know I cannot win no matter how well-founded my statements are. I still believe prices are well rounded but I know there will always be people who want more for less. Good day to you sir.

Survivalist likes this.
  17. Lakson Vell

Server:
    I personally know a guy that is the CEO of a successful business that told me that games like these are the only thing he enjoys while at work and that he doesn't care how much money he spends (I believe at that time he spent around 10000 euros) as long as it makes him happy

WACO2 likes this.
  18. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    All I can comment with these arguments above is that it is fact that profit comes from the small 1-2% of heavy hitters. They don’t make most money off the small players like us. It does help of course, but they gear prices and real profit off the huge spenders that will spend no matter what happens. They don’t even care about price. So that, is a fact lol can’t argue around that.

The rest is opinion, and everyone is entitled to one! Lol so keep the arguments fun and civil

WACO2 likes this.
  19. Vis

Vis New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Vis
    lets not beat around the bush or sugar coat it, Its a simple cash grab, as i have heard an tested "Please feel free to test an research" but when you're low on travel energy is when events are most likely to happen which in turn promotes buying coins at ridiculous prices.

20. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Isti
    I have an idea. If "whales" support a mobile game, why not make a personal deal with them. Rest of us, 99% could enjoy the game for free, without purchasing at all. They are VIP clients.

I have a lot of thoughts, but I'm able to write down a fraction of it. I think this game is 20-30% developed. No ATV, no helicopter, Kevlar etc yet, 3 bunkers, only alpha bunker is half made, it has a great potential.

I've never seen a game released before beta testing, maybe I haven't noticed. Game development takes a long time, several years. This is a new trend, releasing betas.