1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Survival Guide Diary Notes and Quest List

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Ishtvaan, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    HINT: Tasks in orange appear only at the bought full version of the diary

----------

Note # 1
    by Carlos Rudy
    If you happen to end up in a situation like mine - being all alone in the devastated world submerged in chaos - read my diary. Hopefully, it will help you survive... First of all, build a house. Homeless dont live long here.

Visit Pine Bushes - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Build 2 1-leve1 walls - 0/2 +10 POINTS
    Kill 20 zombies in any pine location - 0/20 +20 POINTS
    Find and kill The Deadface in Limestone Ridge - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Cook 5 steaks on the campfire - 0/5 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 2
    I have always traveled a lot and I'm safe to say that a fair knowledge of the terrain is one of the main requirements essential for survival. Explore the environment, keep a couple of first aid kits to hand. Learn everything new. All skills are useful. Build a melting furnace. You will need it for work with metals.

Reach Pine Grove - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Make a Melting Furnace - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Get any skill - 0/1 +20 POINTS
    Take a humanitarian aid box from the special event on the map - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Kill 5 toxic zombies - 0/5 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 3
    The dead will return, so don't bother to mop up the territory once and for all. Just keep killing them again and again. Be practical - stock items of different kinds in separate chests, so that you can quickly find what you need at the right time.

Build 8 1-level walls - 0/8
    +10 POINTS
    Make 3 Small Boxes - 0/3 +10 POINTS
    Kill 5 Floater Bloaters or Toxic Abominations in any mountain area - 0/5 +20 POINTS
    Find and kill Sgt. Kowalski in Pine Bushes - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Make a deal with Dealer. To make the dealer appear you need to have a working radio - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 4
    Bunkers are packed with all sorts of stuff. Too much to take all of it out per run. Go deeper to find something genuinely valuable. Take a backup weapon, and most importantly, armor. Jeff died in a bunker a few days ago. I found him on the third floor. He was killed by a turret for defending...

Reach Bunker Alfa - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Take a humanitarian aid box from the special event on the map - 0/1 +20 POINTS
    Visit Limestone Ridge - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Kill 20 zombies in any mountain area - 0/20 +30 POINTS
    Find and kill Alpha Wolf in Pine Grove - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 5
    Get a dog for a pet. Or better yet, - a few dogs. I used to have a dog named Troy. He died after attacking a toxic abomination following me. The poison must have got into his system. That was not the first time he was saving my life. Good boy.

Craft a Dog Crate - 0/1
    +20 POINTS
    Visit Blackport PD - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Put 20 raw meat pieces into the Dog Crate - 0/20 +10 POINTS
    Kill 10 Floater Bloaters or Toxic Abominations in any pine forest - 0/10 +30 POINTS
    Open 10 chests in any pine location - 0/10 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 6
    Reinforce wooden walls as soon as possible, as they won't stand a zombie HORDE. It will also make it harder for other survivors to invade your place. Remember, your house is your fortress, you have to protect it.

Visit Limestone Cliffs - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Upgrade 4 walls to level 2 - 0/4 +10 POINTS
    Kill 10 zombies in Blackport PD - 0/10 +30 POINTS
    Stand 5 zombie waves in the police station yard - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Get any 2 skills - 0/2 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 7
    Assemble a radio to get in touch with the locals. The first to answer is most likely to be dealer Joe. Tell him you're from Carlos. He is a nice fellow, though a little greedy. Also try to get in touch with the guys that mop up the bunker Alfa. They may even take you on a raid with them. But I doubt that will happen.

Make a deal with Dealer. To make the dealer appear you need to have a working radio - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Visit Bunker Alfa lobby - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Kill 15 toxic zombies - 0/15 +30 POINTS
    Find and kill Timmy the Bloat in Limestone Cliffs - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Open 10 chests in any mountain location - 0/10 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 8
    Go to the places you've already been to. Visit the spots that are easiest to get to. For example, the closest to the base. It's easier to navigate the familiar terrain and survive on it. Today I found a Chopper wheel in Limestone Cliffs. Now all I need to find is a gas tank...

Go to Limestone Spires - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Get any 2 skills - 0/2 +10 POINTS
    Kill 20 zombies in Bunker Alfa - 0/20 +30 POINTS
    Make 3 Chests - 0/3 +30 POINTS
    Get any box for coupons in the lobby of the bunker Alfa - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 9
    There is Crooked Creek Farm not far from here. Another place full of useful stuff to collect. The Kennetts used to live there, god bless their souls. Now there are only the dead. P.S.: Last time I was there the bridge to the farm was completely destroyed... probably, it'll have to get fixed.

Visit Crooked Creek Farm - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Upgrade 8 walls to level 2 - 0/8 +20 POINTS
    Kill 5 Toxic Abominations - 0/5 +20 POINTS
    Find and kill Colonel in Pine Wood - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Make any 3 reinforced armor items - 0/3 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 10
    I ran into someone's shelter. You may run into similar ones as well, so better carry axes around. Assessing the situation during a raid is very important. If you smash everything in sight - zombies will rush to the noise, or what is worse, the owners of the shelter.

Make 2 Iron Hatchets - 0/2
    +10 POINTS
    Kill 10 zombies on Crooked Creek Farm - 0/10 +20 POINTS
    Break 3 walls on an enemy base - 0/3 +20 POINTS
    Kill Ravager on Crooked Creek Farm - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Grow a dog - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 11
    Set up traps. Even simple spike traps will do for the start. Don't neglect your own safety and skimp on building resources. Such saving will cost you dear.

Make Spikes - 0/1
    +20 POINTS
    Go to Pine Wood - 0/1 +10 POINTS
    Kill any 10 zombies in Limestone Cliffs - 0/10 +20 POINTS
    Find and kill Fifty-Two-Mike in Limestone Spires - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Kill 10 Toxic Abominations - 0/10 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 12
    Soldiers on the Wall are said to be giving out power armors to explore the territory within the perimeter, but not to everyone interested. If you manage to get inside, don't panic: the world behind the Wall will seem different to you.

Reach Sector 7 wall - 0/1
    +20 POINTS
    Kill 20 zombies in Bunker Alfa - 0/20 +30 POINTS
    Kill any 10 zombies in Limestone Spires - 0/10 +30 POINTS
    Activate bunker Alfa security protocol - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Modify any weapon in the Gunsmith Bench - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note # 13
    My Chopper is ready, so I'm going to leave. There was some stuff I couldn't take along, so I buried it under a tall oak tree in the pine bushes on the west coast. Let's say it's a little reward for reading my diary through instead of using it as a fuel for building a fire.

Make Recycler - 0/1
    +20 POINTS
    Get to Infected Forest - 0/1 +20 POINTS
    Kill any 10 zombies in Pine Wood - 0/10 +40 POINTS
    Pick up a puppy on Crooked Creek Farm - 0/1 +30 POINTS
    Find a Farm Chest and saw it up - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note #14
    This note is one of the last I will make. I genuinely tried to tell you about what I've seen and done. But there is nothing left to keep me here in the South: my friend Jeff is dead, and so is Troy. I'm heading for the northwest... If you decide to follow me - craft a generator for the tower. I will take mine with me.

Get to Watchtower - 0/1
    +10 POINTS
    Kill 30 zombies in any mountain area - 0/30 +30 POINTS
    Craft a Generator - 0/1 +40 POINTS >>> HINT: This does NOT mean to FINISH it; just make the framework (Isht)
    Upgrade 3 walls to level 3 - 0/3 +30 POINTS
    Crossbreed two dogs - 0/1 +30 POINTS

----------

Note #15
    Last note: I repeat. Never stop learning. Build and reinforce the base. Don't give up on doing things that at first sight may seem routine. Set yourself new tasks. It will make you stronger and more practical. The most important thing to do in this new world is to survive.
    Good luck.

*Random tasks from here*

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Z Killer likes this.
  2. Тεгмιиυѕ

Тεгмιиυѕ Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Тεгмιиυѕ
    i just finished day 14 and have done all tasks as a free player - getting me to level 38. Anyone know if there is an order to the daily tasks 'after' or are they random? Can anyone confirm this list & put it in order i have posted (not mine i took a SS) i am wondering what my 2moro tasks gonna be..?
    Thanks in advance & have a great day

[​IMG]

3. Тεгмιиυѕ

Тεгмιиυѕ Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Тεгмιиυѕ
    cause we still have 19 days to finish it but im already done and i am curious how far i can make it being f2p.
    hoping i can go all the way!

4. Reacher

Reacher Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Reacher
    I started dumping materials into second stage of generator, had a look at other tasks that needed doin and saw this one was finished. Luckily wasn't anything major I put into it.

Тεгмιиυѕ likes this.
  5. Тεгмιиυѕ

Тεгмιиυѕ Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Тεгмιиυѕ
    ya that was good you caught it. i heard the ding/saw the green 'task completed' sign when i placed mine at base

6. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan / Ishtvaan#5981
    Tasks are random after Day 15 and will disappear / change after 24 hours (I guess around 10 PM CET). Once you get to level 60 it just all greys out, so you can't read the diary notes anymore.

Screenshot_20181010-080021.jpg

7. Rorschach

Rorschach New Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rorschach
    Finished mine too yesterday and the diary stopped opening and the survival guide is gone from the menu.
    Oh well was fun while it lasted got 50+ items in inbox, kept all the weapons there and a few suits of armour which will come in handy.

8. Twiztid

Twiztid New Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Twiztid
    Hoping they make this a monthly task and reset it each month, it will give end game players a lot more stuff to look forward too, instead of the normal bunker farm and station runs. Also gives new players more encouragement to keep pushing and playing, and takes them out of the comfort zone and helps them explore places. Maybe they can change rewards up too give us different items each month. If definitely pay 5$ each month to keep doing this.