1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

The Big One

Discussion in 'Locations & Zombies' started by ratbones, Aug 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ratbones

ratbones New Member

Level:
    hi all,
    Does anybody else encounter TheB1 *everytime* you go to a red location?
    For me it used to be mostly woods, but now it mountains too. I usually go to a nearby location, and go back - and there he is again.
    At this point red zones are unplayable for me.
    Can we start a petition or something..?

2. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    Just being up front here. “Starting a petition” will not do anything at all.

Next point. It’s strictly rng. I swear I’ve ran into him 7 or 8 times in a row. It’s ridiculous, but then I won’t see him for a good bit. But yes, it’s random

3. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

Its actually several RNGs checks every x amount of time you remain in the zone. he has a chance to enter every time any Z or AI spawns in

4. Anrijs Rubess

Anrijs Rubess New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    ExoS™
    In oak (red) its spawn no so frequently like as pine or stone (red) zones dont know why.
    In 10 oak visits (red) after 5min play Big one spawns only 2 time but in forest it was 8 times. What is worth pine logs or oak logs? :D

5. Monte7108

Monte7108 Active Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    I know this is a month old but I decided to hit the red pine for firewood thinking of all the people that say they only farm red.....How do you??? Ive just gone there 9 straight times. Last three without motorcycle and no I never drove there. I never got a log. Killed probably 10 or so spitter in all. TBO every single time. Within a minute of being there. Back to green yellow. I’m not wasting time on red just to brag I do it.

6. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

not sure who told you this but please do not farm pine in red zone g/y/g is the way to go

only go red if you got raider quest to open chests in dangerous locations, find engines, kill TAs, etc...

Monte7108 likes this.
  7. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    Personally couldn’t agree more, I only did red for raiders tasks too. A word to the wise, he spawns in yellow too just less often, I lost my first MBP that way.

Monte7108 likes this.
  8. Monte7108

Monte7108 Active Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    No one told me. Read some posts or what not about farming red zones. Honestly I don’t i green yellow green. I was kinda bored on a cold morning and thought I would “play”. Then it became can I even be here without the big one. Well he showed up within a minute every time. I’ve farmed spire looking for bauxite was desperate for aluminum at time. But red pine is like a no go zone lol

9. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

please dont waste your time with bauxite if you need aluminium go to bunker A I usually get 30 aluminum wires which turns into 15 bars once smelted. The equivalent in bauxite would be 60 ore and a crap tone of coal to convert it. Max I have ever gotten from red lime was 4 bauxite... Like I said waste of time

10. Monte7108

Monte7108 Active Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Yes. I have quite a bit of wire now. At that time alphas red coupons were very few and far between. I didn’t have the guns for the giants. It was what I had to do then to try. It was before I had the recycler as well

11. Monte7108

Monte7108 Active Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Warren
    Oh and as always thanks Corax and Xena

12. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Everyone has a different opinion. I 99% of time only go to red zones for farming and use a sbm, machetes, and something lower to kill animals. That alone makes some people heads explode cuz it’s dangerous location with expensive weapons, it’s all on what works for you.

I enjoy the larger amount of resources and better loot, and I enjoy only traveling to one place. If I’m farming iron ore I hit red then yellow on way back.

yea blind one and VSS suck but that’s what I do. Figure out what works for you, that’s my advice.

bauxite is crap way to get aluminum though, like said above horde wire from alpha

13. Corax

Corax Well-Known Member

problem with farming pine or iron in red is its counter productive. even with my chopper at 8 slots and MBP I cannot possibly carry back all the pine logs or all the iron ore I do not have the slots necessary. So why would I farm there to begin with? I know I can do g/y/g and more often than not carry everything back with minimal risk so why do red if I am farming rss? Also g/y/g yields more meat/animal hide than red alone.

Unless of course its oak or copper then obviously you do red/yellow/red till you run out of iron tools...

Oh and obviously I would never bring TBP to red zone thats for raiding only. The risk of getting VSSed vs the benefit of 5 extra slots is just not one that I consider worthwhile.

14. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    I farm all pine with military bp and max chopper no problem, I can’t even fill them with iron if I’m farming that. I also don’t pick up berries or grass etc. strictly meat and wood/iron when I go, unless there’s awesome loot. Either way though even if I end up leaving a stack or two for some reason I’m still completely filling my inventory in one run, with possibility of finding better loot.

like I said everyone does it different. I’ve done so many redzone farming trips at this point it’s like farm a green for me.