1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

This is how I weapon & armor up

Discussion in 'Crafting & Items' started by Bakeman69, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Bakeman69

Bakeman69 New Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Bakeman69
    I usually do yellow and green zones till I have about 15-20 leather to take back. I use a modded pipe and whatever secondary weapon I have on hand in my extra pocket ie golf club, stop sign, hockey stick or paddle. I use the second weapon on roamers and the pipe on most everything else. I sneak attack everything I can in all areas. For the red zones I use a modded machete and usually a stop sign as the zombies in there are a bit bigger. Fir the bunker I use the same as red zones I can clear first 3 floors with 3 machete and couple glocks for the frenzied. As for armor basic dad armor for green and yellow. Tack armor fir red and bunker.

2. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    Just to throw some other options at you...I only farm red zones (i'll do a yellow if TBO shows up,) I do full clears of the Z's and then farm up whatever I need.

Armor: I wear the tier 2 fluffy jacket/beanie armor. This usually gets damaged to 50-60% during the run so one set of armor is good for two runs.

Weapons: two (need one and a half) base 20 damage weapons, this is for all monsters that aren't standing still. Usually this is a modded cleaver but I've been burning through a lot of baseball bats I found recently. I'll use a crowbar or golf club if I found them, just to use them up, but I don't make crowbars anymore. I also bring a modded pipe or stop sign. The modded pipe does 27 damage and can one hit all 80 life Z's on a sneak attack.

I also bring a stack of jerky or soup, if I find a diseased wolf I'll end up using most of it up, if not I usually bring most of it back.

Tac armor and machete's or better weapons are only for the Bunker, PD or Farm. I have started using the Tac armor as I have two racks full of them and I don't want to keep getting more and more of them.

3. Xena

Xena Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Xena
    I only use tactical armor too, once you get so much you need to start using it.
    Only weapons I make anymore are modded pipes and cleavers. I get some bats out of PD and will use those but leave anything else I find (less damage than bat). I also take a shotgun farming, it does 80 damage and is perfect for drawing spitters and one shoting them. I guess I’m getting lazy, I don’t care how efficient it is anymore just what’s easier.

kingleo8, Ivo and Wandlewall like this.
  4. Ryan L

Ryan L Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ryrydaflyguy
    Only red zones

Machete plus either big hammer or sawblade mace plus something week for animals

Only army or swat cuz I have waaaaay too much armor

20 first aid kits again cuz I have waaaay too many

Carrot stew if I get hungry

kingleo8 likes this.
  5. Lord Pickles

Lord Pickles Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    LordPickles #1035
    You guys should use the self heal skill (if you have it) to save on healing items and once the zone is cleared switch to auto if you're going to farm the area. I've reduced my bandage consumption considerably.

kingleo8 likes this.
  6. kingleo8

kingleo8 New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    kingleohere
    I second this.

7. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    I do, but now I have bandages and first aid kits overflowing my.....

Thinking of how I can use them to kill Z's...

Mummy making kits coming up!

8. JankyLot

JankyLot Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    JankyLot
    I use up bandages in the PD arena and med kits for blind one...

Somehow I wound up with a trunk load of reinforced hobo suits, what ever happened to can’t get enough adhesive!?!

PD is great for disposing of armor as well as bandages

During the carnival I ran back and forth between red and yellow zones without farming any stone or pine, this was great for hides, seeds, bandages and chest loot...and the event junk, but hey, still a great idea for that other stuff if you run out of wall to build and don’t need the pine and stone

kingleo8 likes this.
  9. Bakeman69

Bakeman69 New Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Bakeman69
    Yes I do that also I am stock piling bandages and first aid kits now for bunker runs. I love that self heal skill for sure

kingleo8 likes this.