1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Toxic spitters can ship off

Discussion in 'Locations & Zombies' started by Inc0gnito, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rondel

Rondel Well-Known Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rondel
    not mine, I don't have the good mod yet...it's slow...very slow for a cleaver. Pretty much the same as a base ball bat

but it does 20 damage so I'm happy

2. hobbes

hobbes Well-Known Member

Level:
    I just finished a oak run and brought back over 400 oak logs. In that run, I must have killed at least 60 toxic spitters and got sprayed on maybe three times. Went back home with only yellow stink.

I used a cleaver (fully modded with hunter handle) for lone spitters and a glock for two or more spitters. I move after every hit with the cleaver against spitters to avoid their spray, pretty easy.

3. Rabe

Rabe New Member

Server:
    IGN:
    Rabe
    The only place i use a gun is in alfa. For red zones i just use machette or cleaver in combo with sawblade for first sneak attack and 40 bandages. For AI i just put on auto and watch my hp

4. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

HEAR ME OUT.

THE problem here is not toxic spitters. thats a challenge;, to kill one or two without their spit on u.

Most of the players here likes n play this game cause its challenging and made as real as possible for post apocl scenario.

Its the time that it takes to go to a place and leave it quickly cause u got smelly or TBO showed up;, that is anoying - frustrating.

Thats is what needs to be fixed by programmers.

I understand the introduction of TBO in red is only for high lvl players to avoid goin to red and press < auto > and then go have a coffee.

But then time required to reach RED and leave for yellow;, back again red should be reduced a lot.

LIKE i have mention many times - most often i had to do it three times straight to avoid TBO in red;, thats totally one to one n half hrs. of waiting n not playing...... :( :( during that limited time when i want to PLAY

5. Corax

Corax Active Member

I can certainly understand your frustration as TBO in red zone its actually worst then you think as there is a slight chance for him to also spawn in yellow zone which is completely ridiculous.

Having said that I do not mind so much TBO spawning in red zone as there is nothing in a red zone you cannot get from yellow. Basically what I am saying is if you just need to farm then do yellow, if you want a challenge go to red and go prepared.

Keep going and Xena like this.
  6. Keep going

Keep going Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    I'm pretty worrying about these toxic spitter these few last days because I'm spending most of the time on gathering some oak from the red oak zone . I like clearing zones with a quiet clean sneaking like a shinobi but the things couldn't go that way because of their spit . The point is they are really a problem but sorry guys , I see lots of science here I got kinda springs out of my head after reading the amount of informations. IMHO using guns against them is not worthy for me . Since their spit hasn't a fix sequence and inevitable I started to thing why just go crazy on them as they are on me . Like letting the AI and zombies kill each other first and take their weapons, armors , stuffs and go crazy on others again . I'm like a Tarzan in red zones and things seem just fine for me .

7. Keep going

Keep going Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    I agree with Corax . TBO ? , just simply getting TH out of there and take what we need from green , yellow zones .

8. Corax

Corax Active Member

9. Corax

Corax Active Member

Spitters are easy once you understand the mechanic of them. Its only hard if many rush you (three or more) but I have written a detailed guide in this thread about how to deal with even that eventuality

Keep going likes this.
  10. Keep going

Keep going Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    Haha yes . I meant this TBO who seems like a problem can be just ignored as you said before.

11. Keep going

Keep going Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    Yes and thanks for it . Using machetes is optimal I use it when I have it but if not I use anything available. Honestly, I don't think we'll be in such trouble if he spit on us . I don't take much weapons and armors with me there . I use what I get from dead AIs and heal from anything found there .

12. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

Respect sir, but low lvl players cant. I needed to go to Red trees for 4 to 6 log of oak which i never ever found in yellow or green ( until 2 days ago when i completed my gens. ) Also i had to go to Red stones for bauxite. I have never ever found it in yellow or green.

n before any one write to this "yes u can get 1 EA. of bauxite in yellow". so sorry n apologies to write - thats ridiculous. No point in a whole run unless u get atleast 4.

Once again respect to all.

13. Corax

Corax Active Member

Oak trees in red zone are on the perimeter 90% of the time. So you do not need to stray very far from the safety of the edge of the zone.

But to be honest your time would be better served clearing bunker alpha every chance you get to find the chopper parts you may be missing or the engine parts for the electric generator to unlock oak/copper zones. Farming pine red for oak trees (1-3 oak trees max) is very inefficient...

Worst waste of time for aluminum as you get a ton of wire in bunker alpha to melt into aluminum bars in the furnace or just recycle cans for aluminum bars. Mining for bauxite in red limestone is extremely inefficient the most I ever got was 4 bauxite clearing and entire zone which gives 1 aluminum bar.

Also melting bauxite in furnace is a waste of coal as you get double the aluminum bars for the same amount of coal by melting wire in the furnace

***Correction***
    Actually I was wrong, melting bauxite is worst then I originally announced:

Time to melt 4 bauxite 60m / 5m per coal = 12 coal for 1 aluminium bar

Full load of 20 bauxite time to melt 5 hours and 60 coal for 5 aluminum bars

Time to melt 2 wire 27m / 5m per coal = 5.4 coal for 1 aluminium bar

Full load of 20 wires time to melt 4.5 hours and 54 coal for 10 aluminium bars

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019 at 4:52 PM
    Keep going likes this.
  14. Keep going

Keep going Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Be,friendly.
    I already left the oak grove with 150 oak logs and 21 duct tape and a glock and M16 and 20 bandages from pieces of clothes found there and wasting just one armor. It's the best zone to explore.
    Do you think we'll need some wire for the next update ?. I wanna melt everything I have for weapons modifications.

15. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

" Oak trees in red zone are on the perimeter 90% of the time ".

YES SIR, i agree 90% of time but that 10% times i had to go beep in centre.

I have cleared Alfa upto LIKE mid way lvl 3 only 4 times now and I have got only 2 alum wire till date.

My elec. recycle is at lvl 5 only.

Bike i got more than 1 week ago.

Hence till now 4 bauxite per trip to red stones - looked to me a good idea as i needed LIKE 15 each alum plate for generator and wall 7. <generator done;, only sector 7 left >

any how - we are about to get the message from Moderator -- "The topic was toxic spitter sucks;, this is way off topic hence thread closed " HAHA LOL. , n just healthy discussion with knowledgeable seniors RESPECT to u all.

16. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

17. Corax

Corax Active Member

When I clear Alpha doing only floor 2&3 switching to hard mode after to only kill blind one for the extra 10 red tickets I usually have enough to open all 3 crates. In those crates in combination with the chests on floor 2&3 I usually end up having ~30 aluminium wire which is ~15 bars every 48h when bunker resets.

Deep Khem likes this.
  18. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

What is this switching to Hard mode., i dont know how to do that. i dont think i reached "The blind one" like i mentioned i went upto lvl 3 early or mid part and left then

19. Cannes76

Cannes76 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Cannes77 97
    You activate hardmode from a terminal in the overseer room on lvl 1.

20. Deep Khem

Deep Khem Member

pls can any one show the overseer rooom. at that terminal.. I cant find it :(