1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Turrets

Discussion in 'Crafting & Items' started by Kanomar, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Kanomar

Kanomar Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kanomar
    Hi everyone,

i dont get why most of the people are going crazy over the turret... talking about placing up to 4 of them...

Its not that hard to build a level one, but to use it, is a different matter.

Lets do some math:
    1 Gas empowers it for 72 Minutes, that means 20 Gas is enough for 1440 Minutes, thats 24 Hours (that equals the raiding time).

So u need 20 Gas to give ur base a little more protection while raiding?
    If you dont get raided you wasted 20 gas, if it was placed badly you wasted 20 gas.
    And i still havent found a source for the repaircosts, if it gets broken.

Maybe i didnt get the memo, but i dont have a gas pipeline next to my house. I collected about 200 gas during 4 month of play, i wont be able to afford to run even one turret for long.

Just my 2 cents,

So dont break your bank just to get a turret asap, if you wanna use it, it will be a bottomless hole in your gas-account.

I bet within 2 weeks 95% of the playerbase will not use it anymore, only the whales and youtubers will have them running.

Good luck and stay safe,
    Kanomar

2. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    ehh good point for sure ! butttt i think thats why theyre gonna eventually implement the oil rigs and stuff. im sure as a clan we can get a lot of gas in the future...

but yeah for the time being, thats pretty steep haha. a full stack to stay safe during a raid

but a turret can be pretty op if you do place it right...

Black Fox and iBey like this.
  3. Kanomar

Kanomar Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Kanomar
    Yeah the oil rigs and stuff, but what to do until then? Its just another effort to drain player ressources from kefir.
    First its hardmode, then bow nerf, then bunker level 4, all 3 to drain weapons and on top of that the reward is that they start draining gas.

And yeah i got it, its a company and they gotta make money, but hell, this isnt anymore about microtransactions, they really go for the big bucks.

If you wanna buy gas, its 350 gold, that equals 11€, for 70 gas... common... nobody cant be that blind.

4. Iyzo

Iyzo Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]Tesla
    I only fuel my turret according period of time I'm not playing, like when I go to sleep or do something else. I put fuel according to that duration of time.

5. Ishtvaan

Ishtvaan Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan
    I got about 400 fuel left as I rarely use the chopper; when there is the chopper event, I run to the nearest location with energy and drive the last few miles with the chopper. For all other use I scoop the fuel from the other bikes at the chopper event, this way I get back the fuel I used and also have some surplus. And with each bunker run, I get 10-15 fuel cans back.

Shadowhunter123 likes this.
  6. Obi-Wan-Kenobi

Obi-Wan-Kenobi New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 1
    IGN:
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi
    Nice..I 100% aggree..

7. BajaGaming

BajaGaming New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    BajaGaming
    That is smarter use of resources, but still it's total rip-off by Kefir!
    Maybe they should increase the runtime/gas value for both chopper and turrets.
    But if they implement that Oil Refinery along with the Clan system, i think it would be no need for increasing runtime/gas.
    But from what i know, the Oil Refinery is on map for over year and half.

8. dmshooter

dmshooter Active Member

I'm with Ishtvaan, I have a chest full of gas tanks that I have no use for, and I only raid once in a few weeks, so the gas is not an issue.

9. TheyLiveWeAwaken

TheyLiveWeAwaken Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    FLATEARTH
    The best use for utilization of the turret in my opinion, is when you piss off the radiers by refusing their offer.

And they attack you.

This would allow you to defend the attack in real time with the assistance of up to four turrets. Would be interesting to test this.. to see the turrets in action.

BajaGaming and Iyzo like this.
  10. BajaGaming

BajaGaming New Member

Level:
    Server:
    Server 2
    IGN:
    BajaGaming
    As i never raided i never communicated with raiders, that would be interesting for me to see.
    I mean that plan is pure cruelity :D

dante07 likes this.
  11. dmshooter

dmshooter Active Member

I'd love to see somebody try this! From previous videos the raiders seem to be unkillable. Would be nice to confirm otherwise.

BajaGaming likes this.
  12. Olsin

Olsin Active Member

Level:
    I been playing since last September and have also noticed the increasingly creative ways Kefir weaves increased resource drain into the storyline.
    Kefir accidently created a milk cow and are now milking it for all its worth. They'll eventually end up reaching a tipping point but I guess by then they'll already be well loaded........and fair enough. They got lucky and deserve the reward. The game is good.
    Their increased and obvious tinkering with resource ratios to their benefit, while disguising it as new storylines is starting to get old though. I'm thinking I'll probably reach my tipping point before kefir reaches theirs.

Jarhead likes this.
  13. iBey

iBey Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]_iBey
    that's exactly what i think!
    now is time to build (if kefir did not delete our account after beta is over). fuel won't be a big issue once pump jack become accessible. and ofc once multiplayer comes and raid getting crazy turret can be pretty OP.

14. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan
    FYI: the grenade launcher does 54 damage to a heavy turret with each shot :p

nthnlws and Survivalist like this.
  15. Survivalist

Survivalist Moderator Staff Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Survivalist
    is it out of range of the turret?!

clutch if it is

16. Ishtvaan

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ishtvaan
    It is; to me it seemed as it has even more range than a M16

Black Fox likes this.
  17. iBey

iBey Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]_iBey
    i`d rather use grenade launcher for FG.. 1 full durab granade launcher can clear all FGs in 2nd n 3rd floor normal n hard mode xD it'll save a bunch of guns or melle weapon, also saved ur time with wall tricks... 3 shot for each floor in normal mode and 4 shot for each floor in hard mode.. it's exciting to kill all FGs in one place :p

18. iBey

iBey Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    [VSS]_iBey
    and dont forget to save the almost broken grenade launcher. since turret required minigun. i bet that mortar will required grenade launcher..

again and again, for later use :D:D:D

Shadowhunter123 and dmshooter like this.
  19. Region3

Region3 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ermintrude
    Since the heavy turrets in the bunker shoot grenades I think it's a fair bet that upgrading the turret to the highest level might require a grenade launcher.

20. dmshooter

dmshooter Active Member

Both you and iBey have a very good point! I'm going save my near broken grenade launcher now...