1. We're looking for active, experienced players to help contribute and grow this site.

If your interested send NeoCHI a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Chat has been implemented. Scroll down to join the fun!
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming updates

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & Events' started by Iyzo, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Z Killer

Z Killer Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    Vigilante aug 7 15:22
    Survivors, before the update is here, we would like to remind you that the only safe place for keeping your chests is your base. We encourage you to take your stuff from the Gas Station to your home location so that you keep it safe!

[​IMG]

2. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    Update 1.14: Season 1
    [​IMG]

It’s been a while, survivors. Without further ado, we’ll ask you only one question: are you ready for the first season of Last Day on Earth? Let’s go then!
    [​IMG]

The sea got us big troubles. A ship has crashed off the southern coast. The passengers of the zombie Titanic have missed the land and fresh human flesh a lot. First thing, they set off to terrorize survivors on our familiar locations. We have to repel the cheeky strangers! Your battle with the intruders will be followed by weekly tasks that will mark the beginning of season number one. For completing each task you will be rewarded with different resources and gifts while the most goal-driven warriors that complete all quests will hit the jackpot of unique rewards. Among them there will be fashionable bike skins, corgi bringing luck, and other less unique yet hot prizes. The first season has a special info tab, tasks will be updated there
    [​IMG]

Survivors have started to spot diary fragments of some Darren Wells. It’s still unclear who he is and what he was up to. However, they say, in some notes there is mention of the ship even before it was on the coast. Who was onboard? What had happened there? To get the answers to these questions, search for Darren Wells’ notes. With a certain chance, they drop from dead zombies. Each note has its own chance and list of mobs. This diary will help you shed light on the ship mystery. Or it will get you even more questions.
    [​IMG]

Mechanic Jane is developing her skills further and grows her garage. She offers you to upgrade your motorbike based on your personal dark wishes. Even though you have only one bike (because you can’t have many best friends), you can change it the way you want. To do this, stock up on spare parts and get your two-wheeled beast to the Gas Station, then, Jane will help you get the perks you desire for your motorcycle. But she strictly refused to put a machine gun on it, no matter how much we begged.
    [​IMG]

If you’ve already upgraded your bike and have a pile of blueprints, don’t worry for your belongings - some part of the experience will stay and the blueprints will turn into new magazines that Jane will graciously exchange for bike experience. Your stuff from the trunk was carefully transported to your inbox, you’ll find everything there. The gas station has its status changed. Now it’s a biker hub, you can’t get there on foot. Or by subway. Not even on your mom’s car.
    [​IMG]

A wonder of nature has been spotted in our lands. It’s the sweetest corgi puppy! Fighting zombies has toughen this kid up and taught it three unique skills. With the “full” perk, your corgi doesn’t need food. What an independent dog, we must say! The skill “earner” makes the need for food decreased by 10% not only for a corgi, but for all your dogs. The perk “lucky” will more likely make you lucky - you will get one gold coin a day. Having a dog is beneficial indeed nowadays!
    [​IMG]

Enough said, let's play! P.S. Dear iOS users, the update will be available in the App Store a bit later. Thanks for your support!

3. CaptainWilcox

CaptainWilcox New Member

Level:
    IGN:
    CaptainWilcox
    What they did with the bikes blows chunks. I'd worked very hard to upgrade my bike to hold max capacity and they blew that away. Now I'm back to bare minimum of storage and the compensation they gave me don't even scratch the surface on my previous upgrades. This "upgrade" is really a downgrade.

4. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    In their lengthy introduction they didn't mention that bike slots will be reduced, they said something about Jane. They should be more honest, admitting the reducement and nerfing.

5. Trickcard

Trickcard New Member

Level:
    I think no matter what thy did, thy could not make all the "Old Timers/Grind for Bikes" happy. Making it a random perk system like the players thy could of given you 30+ perk points and if RNG hated you you would still end up with no bike stash. Just going to have to go into your stockpile and start a daily drop off for points now.

Starting out the game as a new player it works a little better then the old system. Still a grind to upgrade the bike but it feels like less of a run around now. Get parts at bunker/random spots turn in for a point or two. Don't have to walk large dead engines.

The only way I can see making people who really worked hard for the bike slots would be to code in a item that unlocked max slots if you had the off road bike fully upgraded. But I don't see them doing that type of work for a what 3 year old beta game.

I like the change. Just think thy could of buffered/rewarded the long time players a little more.

6. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    "You have left lots of comments and messages on the new bike upgrade system. Let’s clear up a couple issues: All our efforts on upgrading your bikes before the update haven’t vanished but turned into bike experience according to the new system. To level up your bike, collect parts and take them to the gas station to Jane. You can use any of available skins as much as you want without constant paint search. Now you won’t have to choose between a fast, powerful, solid, efficient, and capacious bike. All upgraded features will stay regardless of the skin applied. P.S. Some points on quests. The first-week quests are to complete during all three weeks, not only the first one. In the second and third weeks, there will be new quests added. Thus, for example, you don’t have to kill Rotfeast three times during the first week, you have all three weeks to do that."

[​IMG]

Not every idea of our team reaches the final realization. It often happens that yesterday’s drafts just don't work with the current changes. The same happened to the brutal minivan. After its creation, it didn’t find its place in the present in-game reality. However, we never know if someday it will be returned. #underdevelopment

[​IMG]

Z: so the zombie truck is cancelled :/

"Each of us writes their own story in the world captured by the dead. From time to time we find out about stories of other survivors from their diaries, notes, letters. After the ship crashed off the southern coast, people began to find fragments of a tale signed by Darren Wells, who was somehow connected to the incident. During the first week many of you have already found the fragments of this story. The rest of them can be found by the end of the season. Survivors, have you come across the notes of that man? Did you find Darren’s chronicle captivating?"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  7. Malpaso

Malpaso Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Malpaso
    "We can do what we want" makes that a much simpler, succinct reply imo

8. Malpaso

Malpaso Member

Level:
    IGN:
    Malpaso
    Charlie Jr..... what's he all about then?

9. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    i kinda like this new update. all the parts that were meaningless became valuable now. i used to leave ball bearing rubber bolts etc because i have lvl2 crates full of 'em, so i farm around only for stuff i need, thus making me somewhat of a more esteemed survivalist type thing.
    now after a few bike upgrades, i have to turn back to being a trashhoarder like i used to be lol.
    true i got quite mad when i found out my bike got only 4 storage spaces. all those hard work.... they gave me some exp, it was like 15 lvl or something like that. i upgraded to 24 now and i still only got 5 storage space. this is exactly like the time when i waited for extra pocket skill and burglar lvl 3 skill darnit.... but at least there are new bikes. gotta love that vmax thing....its viper...wow nice tyre. love it. only problem is the lack of storage made raiding a bit harder now especially on those jackpot bases where a couple of spaces are really valuable as they mean extra guns to carry home...

bought the premium task thing + 10 lvls. i have 2 tactical backpak now. that should help a bit. hope i be more careful now and not nod off and die in pine woods or limestone places grrr

10. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    The tactical backpack is the most valuable stuff now in the game. Kefir knows - very well everybody want it and they can have money from this. Other option is to maximize the chopper at full level, it takes a lot of grind, but it is permanent win, the tactical backpack is just a temporary solution, you will lost it sooner or later. this is the plan of the developer

black bedude likes this.
  11. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    The developers uploaded a some videos again, but not to youtube. everything Is in red, i had to change the color

Survivors, recently we've released a large update, and now the time of atmospheric adventures has come to the world of LDoE. Our team is already working on Season 2, so it's the right moment to take a look back and ask all of you: which aspect of the latest update do you find the most successful? What do you like most about the update and what would you like to see in further ones? We appreciate all opinions, so you all are welcome to the comment section. Go ahead in #update-feedback-and-suggestions ! @everyone
    [​IMG]

We’re certainly waiting for Death Stranding, but LDoE has been allowing to do the same things for already two years.

Season 1 trailer: behind the scenes Friends, we decided to make today’s #underdevelopment section a little different. Instead of speaking about what we’re working on, we’d like to tell you a little about the work of our team on videos and trailers that we so often share with you.
    [​IMG]

We were glad to see your positive reaction to the trailer of update 1.14., so we decided to tell you a little more about how we work on videos dedicated to our game. In this article, we will slightly reveal some stages of production of video content for our community, and also share a few exclusive details which usually remain behind the scenes.
    [​IMG]

When it comes to the trailer of Season 1, at the moment of its creation a part of the dev team were testing the following update, while the other part had already started working on Season 2 and the content you’ve been waiting for quite a while. So, by the time, the main nuances were already known. Once the key features are defined and the overall concept with the script of the video are worked out, the artist sets to work. He is the one who makes storyboards that is the middle link between the script and the final footage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

v
    In the preparation of the storyboard, the artist applies the rules of composition to what has been described in the script. At the stage of drawing simple sketches, the artist works at staging, chooses the best shots and angles, key points, and visual direction of audience. The purpose of creating the storyboard is to help build a complete composition at the level of static shots and help the editor turn it into a great video faster and more effectively.
    [​IMG]
    When the storyboard is done, it’s time for video designers to join the process. They transfer the sketches to the game engine maintaining the general composition and subsequence of the story. Some moments slightly change during the process of editing the video, but the main direction of the story remains. As a result, the footage gets added with some cosmetic details such as text blocks and visual effects.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Production of each video is the work of a whole team, and we are happy to share its nuances with you. Expect more amazing content ahead both in the game and on our social media. Do you want to learn more about something specific? Share your ideas in #ldoe-suggestions . See you on the wastelands, survivors!

Hey everyone! At some corners of the world today is celebrated Dog Appreciation Day – a day of the most loyal mates of all survivors. This is a terrific occasion to go right now and give your doggos a bunch of hugs and treats. Also to share their pictures

12. Z Killer

Level:
    Server:
    Sector 7: Medical supplies and new clan rank.
    [​IMG]

Survivors, do you copy? While the work on Season 2 is humming along, our special squad introduces you the update of Sector 7. Don’t forget that hunger and thirst are as dangerous as other threats in Sector 7. You can combat them with blackberry, blackberry tea, canned tuna, and army field ration. Food restores energy not instantly, so it will take some time to feel full and healthy again.
    [​IMG]

Other irreplaceable helpers are medical supplies. A new class of healing items will help you survive in this harsh world. They require some time to use, but your health will be restored instantly. Be careful when using antibiotics, usage of more than two injections in a row causes an overdose. The overdose doesn’t bode well for anyone. It’s quite hard to keep struggling for survival being in such a condition. Imagine how “fun” it is to survive when you’re sick, hardly able to move, use workbenches, construct, with your health-restoring extremely slowly. Sounds no good, huh? Too right. So remember, only TWO injections in a row.

[​IMG]

Changes have also touched Outpost. Now construction doesn’t require resources. Hold on to them to make and place the workbenches you need. To improve the quality of your life in Sector 7, there is Bonfire and Rain Catcher available to you. The radioactive storm now comes to the location once a week. For those players whose resources were at Outpost at the moment of updating, the storm will come in three days as usual, yet afterwards its schedule will be switched to the new one.

[​IMG]

Clans have been added with a new rank Right Hand. That’s the most important person after the clan leader. The right hand can invite other players, change the accessibility of chests, edit messages of the day and clan descriptions, change joining types and ranks of clanmates. Be careful when choosing a person to promote… From now on, resource locations, including objects on them, are generated randomly, so expect to get something new every time. On top of that, our special squad working on Sector 7 has made some changes to the network code that affects connection speed and communication with the server.

Bugfixes

13. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    “Greetings, survivors! Today we’d like to talk about our plans for further updates and the current state of the game.

The release of Season 1 was very important for us. We were looking for the best way to diversify the game by adding things you often mentioned in comments, such as lore and various tasks. The concept of the season seemed to fit the best. We closely followed your feedback to make the following seasons better and decided to take more time for overhauling the aspects which were met negatively by you in Season 1.

We remember that we promised to release two significant updates over the summer, but it was decided to postpone the release of the updates and work them out more thoroughly.

What are our further plans? Season 2 is coming, which will include new quests and events. But the most interesting stuff is to come with Season 3. We’re preparing a lot of what we told you before, what you asked for in comments and saw in the roadmap section. We’re planning to release Season 2 in September, so you don’t get bored. Then, after the release, we will tell you about what to expect in the next season. The news will surely leave you excited.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, feedback, and support. We really appreciate that a lot. Best wishes to everyone!”

14. Player9999

Player9999 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Playe9999
    Soooooo...season 2...no ATV, swamp, new gunz, outpost, settlers...season 3...something big...wink wink...kefir...in next next big big update. Coming soon. As we finish another fancy teaser everyone working on.

Mine guess is: rare new gunz in season 3 with mods blueprints located in store and some bits in multiplayer possibly strawberry milkshake on sector entry. Do not overdose! You wearing airtight protective clothing, be warned!

Ivo and Wandlewall like this.
  15. Wandlewall

Wandlewall Well-Known Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Wandlewall
    Surely it would be carrot milkshake?

Player9999 likes this.
  16. Player9999

Player9999 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Playe9999
    God please no, I have 2x garden beds and I'm sick of carrots. Can't complain too much tho, still useful

17. Ivo

Ivo Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Ivo
    You can get tuna in sector 7, a very welcome addition to our diet....

18. Player9999

Player9999 Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    Playe9999
    It will sound maybe weird, but you have better chance catch me on fresh cut of tuna just pulled out of water. Don't bother cooking it, I'll just bait in it.

I didn't entered s7 since I left, if I get there I'll find you.

19. black bedude

black bedude Member

Level:
    Server:
    Finally! At bike lvl 40 i have 8 slots again in my bike. Meanwhile, no new paint style or anything just. Grrrr i drained all my crap reserve (ball bearing, rubber, bolts, wrench, etc)

20. Wellpell

Wellpell Active Member

Level:
    Server:
    IGN:
    sewerrat
    So in season 2 we will get a new weapon, the harpoon gun. Takes 4 shots to kill a roaming z so not exactly mind blowing